Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Does Gronholm have a big enough lead?

Does Gronholm have enough of a lead heading into the half time break?

My opinion - no! Here's why:

(Starting with a 9 point lead)

Finland: Gronholm 10 points, Loeb 8 Points.
    Germany: Loeb 10, Gronholm 6 (Sordo second)
    New Zealand: Could go either way, but let’s say Gronholm 10, Loeb 8
    Spain: Loeb 10, Gronholm 6 (Sordo second)
    France: Loeb 10, Gronholm 6 (Sordo second)
    Japan: Could go either way, but let’s say Loeb 10, Gronholm 8 this time
    Ireland: Loeb 10, Gronholm 6 (Sordo second)

Obviously total speculation but if the above was true then Gronholm would be trailing Loeb by 5 points heading into Wales.

In my opinion for Marcus to win the championship he needs to start beating Sordo on tarmac, remember how dominant the C4 was in the Monte. With 4 tarmac events in the second half, he has his work cut out. Not to mention how important wins in NZ and Japan will be.

Anyway I just thank Mr. Loeb for that off in Sardinia - it should make for the best drivers championship in years.

Also don't forget if the C4 goes 1 and 2 on the 4 tarmac rallies then that's at least 28 points of Fords lead in the Constructor’s gone, which just happens to be the current margin.

My prediction is both titles will be decided in Wales with Sebastian and Ford the respective champions.

Flame proof suit now on.

So what's your prediction?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In a word - No.

But it is a little more variable than you are suggesting.
    A lot depends on the step forward of the 07 Focus. Finland (and other gravel rallies) could quite possibly be a Ford 1-2 if the focus is a big improvement on the 06. Maybe (very big maybe) Petter could start mixing it at the front a little. And Ireland is a real wild card, I think a lot of crews will have trouble there.

Any way it should all be interesting (I'm sure all of us hope!).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    W/Loeb in the mix... no. I think Marcus can probably take all the remaining gravel rounds (IF he keeps his head in the game), but Loeb or Sordo will most likely take the Tarmac rounds. (although Marcus did do well in his Irish Tarmac "practise" rally... Galway) I do hope he can edge out Loeb if only by 1 point in the end. He deserves it.

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    I think Finland will throw up a suprise and see Marcus running out front with Mikko being incredibly fast on his home event. He has speed on all the other events, couple that with the fact that it is his home event, i think we might see a Loeb 3rd in Finland...

Mikko now needs to start thinking about possibly pushing that little extra to pull as close up marcus rear end as possible, thus meaning on gravel rallies he is trying to relegate Loeb into 3rd. Might not be possible on occasions although if let off the leash and told he can go for it Mikko could suprise...
    "It's the most fun you can have with your pants on" - Possum Bourne

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My short answer is "No". With 8 rounds to go, 8 pts lead is nothing.

However I agree with duff, alot depends on new Focus, and I also expect Petter to take away some precious points from both Macus and Loeb. Realistically Macus and Loeb are the only two with chance of taking the title, but it doesn't mean other drivers like Petter, Mikko, and Sordo won't mix up with top two. And the later half of this year, I think those 3 driver will play a big role on how the title will be won/lost.
    Waiting for Subaru to come back to be :champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sordo is NOT going to win Marcus in all remaining tarmac rallies. I don't get it how people think he is that much better in Tarmac than Marcus. If Ford had right tyres in Monte, Marcus would have been very close or probably even faster than Sordo. Last year Marcus won Sordo in Monte and Corsica, he would have also won Catalunya without mechanical problems. Maybe Sebastien will win Finland and Marcus wins Catalunya...

Anyway 9pts isn't enough. Marcus need to win more rallies.

MJW
    You are also forgetting the Petter factor. Whilst wins with Marcus & Loeb still finishing may be unliklely, but possible for Subaru, I do think that Petter will be ahead of one or the other on th epodium a few times. There is no guarantee that Loeb gets 2nd in Finland, Petter or Mikko could get that.
    SWRT in the 2nd half of this season will not be so off the pace as last year or 1st half of 2007.

MJW
    and could influence the destiny of the title - even Malcolm Wilson said that Ford were hoping Petter would take points away from Seb.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You all forget, however, that Marcus can have a rally without points!
    That can happen maybe in Finland! I hope not.
    Under high press there can happen a lot!
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Anything can happen. Just remember last year.
    Martin Holmes about Sebastien Loeb: "Misery is being beaten when you just can't understand why".