Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quick Nick deserves a mention too

A fantastic weekend for Nick Heidfeld as well. Qualifying in third and finishing in second is a major achievement. I know we've ll been saying the Ferari's were no where to be seen, but second really is the best of all the rest. It seems to me that after Kubica came in part way through last season, it was a wake-up call for Nick, and he's siezed the moment so far this season. He has 26 points to Roberts 12. That BMW is just going to keep improving, I can see a win this year. Don't laugh, Jenson did it with Honda in Hungary!!
    Alright Stop; collaborate & listen.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Yep, a very fine performance from Nick, and I might ad BMW also.
    Nick is getting closer and closer to that new BMW contract. To be honest BMW would be idiots not to resign him on the evidence provided so far this season.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes.. fantastic performance from Nick..it was nice to see BMW was matching the times of LH at times.he really does try hard, and deserve to win races,
    i bet he will make it soon..
    ..☺::.·:*Lewis¨Hamilton¨*:·.F1™.·:*¨♫¨*:·.Star™.·: *¨¨*:..::☺..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    so what about Mark webber.. till his last pit stop, I think webber drove a very good race too..pity the guy is unlucky!
    ..☺::.·:*Lewis¨Hamilton¨*:·.F1™.·:*¨♫¨*:·.Star™.·: *¨¨*:..::☺..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    for sure webber had bad luck! first he spun, OK that's his own faulth, but he was lying on podium positions most of the time after that..
    too bad for him
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I have always thought that Nick deserved a top seat. When Räikkönen was driving for McLaren and Heidfeld in crap Saubers and Jordans, then I sometimes thought: "What if he was driving for McLaren? - he can be as good!"

Now at last he has got the car, where he can prove himself. IMO Heidi is as good as Alonso, Räikkönen, Massa, Hamilton and that bunch of top drivers. I'd imagine that many of you would react with misunderstanding - especially that group of people, who have been used to think that there are only 2-3 drivers at the "top level". I can only hope that BMW will become one of the top cars next year and he can prove all the critics wrong. He is quick, consistent, rarely makes errors, a good test driver and works hard (or as JV said - works "too much") and also is not as soft as some think he is - he destroyed Michael's suspension last year at Hungary, has made passes on Alonso and other drivers. All in all - I can't find any weakness or deficience, why Nick shouldn't become World Champion. He is simply modest, which makes him to look "soft". But appearance is illusive.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonbender
    A fantastic weekend for Nick Heidfeld as well. Qualifying in third and finishing in second is a major achievement. I know we've ll been saying the Ferari's were no where to be seen, but second really is the best of all the rest. It seems to me that after Kubica came in part way through last season, it was a wake-up call for Nick, and he's siezed the moment so far this season. He has 26 points to Roberts 12. That BMW is just going to keep improving, I can see a win this year. Don't laugh, Jenson did it with Honda in Hungary!!
    i agree that nick is having a great season and specially a great weekend. but i dont agree that kubica was a wake up call. he even said so.

its more about bmw making a great car and nick driving really well. they should resign him asap. but we will see.
    see what happens when schumacher doesnt get number 1 status and a lapdog as a teammate?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonbender
    I agree. I underrated him very much, I must say. He's one of the best on the grid. But it's better for Robert, to have such a good driver to fight with and to be compare to. And it's better to BMW to have potentialy race winner.

I'm sure that wasn't only one podium this year and I'm sure BMW will win this year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    nick's consistency is just as good as hamilton's. did really well, and took advantage of the situation to come away with a well deserved 2nd place. He continues to be my driver of the season so far
    If England ever perform at a World Cup, make sure you wake me up :p:
    Steven Gerrard- Modern Day Hero (On his day :p: )

Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rohanweb
    so what about Mark webber.. till his last pit stop, I think webber drove a very good race too..pity the guy is unlucky!

I agree. Webber's performance has been overlooked because of all the other drama which was happening.

On the subject of Heidfeld, it will not take much for him to be able to win a race this year. He will need just a little bit of luck on his side.