Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts

Galli to stop WRC programme

WRC.com

"Officially announced this evening, Aimont Racing Team and driver Gigi Galli have suspended their 2007 FIA World Rally Championship programme, thus ending Pirelli's top-level representation in rally sport for the year.

Galli's hope of competing in Rally Argentina had already been abandoned, and now the full extent of the financial difficulties has become apparent.

"Unfortunately, due to budget problems, we have been obliged to stop the program," said Pierfrancesco Zanchi, Aimont Racing Team manager. "An important sponsor on which we counted, at last turned down its interest. I would like to thank personally all the partners that made this project feasible so far and in particular Citroen Sport, PH Sport, Pirelli and the Italian Federation ACI CSAI."
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 244 Times in 100 Posts

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1
    WRC.com

"Officially announced this evening, Aimont Racing Team and driver Gigi Galli have suspended their 2007 FIA World Rally Championship programme, thus ending Pirelli's top-level representation in rally sport for the year.

Galli's hope of competing in Rally Argentina had already been abandoned, and now the full extent of the financial difficulties has become apparent.

"Unfortunately, due to budget problems, we have been obliged to stop the program," said Pierfrancesco Zanchi, Aimont Racing Team manager. "An important sponsor on which we counted, at last turned down its interest. I would like to thank personally all the partners that made this project feasible so far and in particular Citroen Sport, PH Sport, Pirelli and the Italian Federation ACI CSAI."
    good morning gigigallino1!!

the link to this story was posted in this thread some 12 hours ago.....

sorry for gigi

regards

wrc1
    Juha Kankkunen: "The speed was o.K., but the corner was to tight"
    Marcus Grönholm: "... tell corrado .... three gears are enough..! "

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Unfortunately the sponsor that turned down its interest on Galli WRC 2007 programme seems to be one of the big ones as Aimont has also an excellent ex Prodrive Impreza 05 full spec but they didn't announced to turn to use it, announcing instead the complete stop to the WRC 2007 programme....

I'm very sad....another fast and spectacular driver that has to stop his WRC programme....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Angry

"We are in the ****, but the championship is long. Mugello will be difficult because of the long straight. But we will fight there with a knife between the teeth!" Valentino Rossi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The sponsor was apparently not glad with the choice of the car! I would also not invest in that old down-Tweaked car!
    http://paradise.motorsportforum.com/...d.php?t=116616
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    WRC1 sorry, i clicked on that link before but it went to the first story about Galli and now it went to the official one of him not in the champs anymore! Sad sad time I must say! Arrrrgggggggggggggg
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So who is going to out the name of the sponsor?

Not Ainmont of course but that doens't mean it can't be "leaked".
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    To answer the question of the thread, seem that first four rallies and then nothing

Too Bad of course, because he is at least a spectacular driver, but results were not so good with the Xsara (like no one has done in private Xsara may I add). Surprising is that he didn't get a budget for his home rally

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    As with a lot of drivers I say he was hoping for results and then to get some sponsorship on the back of those results to keep him going through the rest of the year. I wouldn't say no one has done well in private Xsara's. In fact they're a good car for privateers!
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.