Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 67 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkka
    And how likely is that as long as Ireland stays in? Ratio of tarmac to gravel would get too high in the championship. Also bearing in mind that San Remo had problems with crowd control which got worse with cloverleaf format and repeated stages, running an event in densely populated Liguria doesn't sound appealing. However, classic that it was and Sardinia being yet one of hot-rough-mediterranean-gravel I wouldn't mind though this year's Sardegna was pretty good route-wise.

Well, i don't know if around Sanremo area there a lot of gravel roads.
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 657 Times in 352 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM
    Well, i don't know if around Sanremo area there a lot of gravel roads.
    Do you refer "new" San Remo being either mixed surface or full gravel event? I am not familiar with roads around San Remo but back when it was still mixed surface event (before 1997), the tarmac bit was around San Remo itself and gravel roads were in Tuscany, between San Remo and Pisa. With remote servicing again allowed, it might be doable but I reckon that as high fantasy.

Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    Hi guys! I visited Rally Poland, a WRC candidate event, the last weekend. It was a very good event, despite the fact that one of the spectators died on the shakedown (but he was standing in a forbidden zone). There was a fantastic battle between Oscar Svedlund and Krzysztof Holowczyc for the final win!
    Take a look at my photos at http://www.rallyonline.pl/g.php?1&pg...T[id]=2340
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!