Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster
    This is why I'm no longer a massive Rossi fan (amongst some other reasons). The arrogance of so many of his supporters annoys me. Stoner or Pedrosa on their day are also untouchable. Yes he is probably still the best rider and his record is legendary but why should he still be unbeatable? Even Tiger Woods gets beaten, he is human.

What the hell does that have to do with anything? No one disputes Vales record, but the new guys coming through are making him work because they aren't intimidated by him and aren't buying his mind games.

The M1 last year was a fast bike, especially by seasons end, it was just unreliable.
    And your assertion that Nicky just rolled around and won the title is garbage. He rode real hard and 10 podiums including 2 wins as well as 4 other top 5's is a bloody good year. There's no doubt he lacks that extra edge to win races consistently but to say that he just waited for Vale to crash or break down is insulting. Yes it will be his only title but he deserved it.
    It's not a given that Rossi would be leading the title on a Ducati. He wouldn't have Jerry Burgess tuning for him and he would have a competitive teammate on the other side of the garage, a question mark we have never had to see him answer until hopefully next year if Lorenzo (please Jorge, do it!) joins Yamaha.
    What is wrong with rossi fan`s ? I can`t speak for them just for myself and i don`t think he is arrogant he is not Michael Schumacher and he has a great personality and not a wanna be personality like Lorenzo. How you can say you can`t stand the arrogance of the rossi fan`s i don`t understand as you once was one, does`nt say much for you. and anyone who has a little knowledge about motocycles if you put Rossi, Stoner and Pedrosa on an exact bike you know who would come out 1st and that`s the doctor.
    mokin: mokin: mokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Regarding the 'fastest bike' arguement - show me a season, any season, where the champion at the end of the season was not on one of, if not the, fastest bike in the field.

It's part and parcel of racing.

YES Stoner is riding a fast bike, and may take the title. Do you think Doohan took 5 titles on slow bikes? Agostini? Rossi?

So let's stop whinging about the Ducati's performance, huh? It's NORMAL for at least one bike to be faster than all others; for a good ten years it was the Honda, but I don't recall anyone saying Doohan and Rossi were being gifted championships because of it.

The guy who takes the title has, in no particular order:

1. A fast bike
    2. A good crew
    3. Talent
    4. Luck

OK here's where I go out on a limb and predict that Ducati will take both WSB and MotoGP titles in 2007...
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osg
    look, i don't have any issues with anything you've said ninja......... but put simply Hayden managed to stay out of trouble all year whilst those around him fell by the wayside, and that is fact. Capirossi ,Gibernau, Melandri and Pedrosa all had their issues last year....... Hayden had just the one when Dani took him out in the penultimate round.

I guess we'll not see eye to eye on this mate, as i think Hayden is a stiff who will be back in AMA before too long....... he's been on top flite machinery since he arrived in MotoGP 4 years ago and has done f**k all in my opinion up until last year..... but thats just it, my opinion.

As for Lorenzo teaming up with Rossi............ if Yamaha do draft that little twat in, they'll have a team without Valentino, as he has said more than once that he cannot stand him, and would walk away if that happened.
    I've got no problem with you're opinion of Haydens talent not being of the absolute elite level. I agree. I think that there are probably half a dozen blokes in MotoGP who are more talented and all the stars aligned last year that allowed him to win what, I think, will be his only MotoGP title. But it annoys me when I see people try to belittle his achievement, making it sound like anyone could have rolled around on his bike and won the title last year. He had 5 podiums in the first 6 rounds before Catalunya last year, beating a lot more fancied rivals when they were at full strength. You can't do that by being a complete dud.

On Lorenzo, I don't particularly like him but I would like to see Rossi have a fast teammate to put him under some pressure for a change rather than be able to dictate Schumacher-esque who his slower teammate will be. And it is in Yamaha's best interest to have a second fast rider, a) for the future post-Rossi and b) if Vale gets injured they have a title backup.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alfa155btcc
    What is wrong with rossi fan`s ? I can`t speak for them just for myself and i don`t think he is arrogant he is not Michael Schumacher and he has a great personality and not a wanna be personality like Lorenzo. How you can say you can`t stand the arrogance of the rossi fan`s i don`t understand as you once was one, does`nt say much for you. and anyone who has a little knowledge about motocycles if you put Rossi, Stoner and Pedrosa on an exact bike you know who would come out 1st and that`s the doctor.
    mokin: mokin: mokin:
    The problem I have with Rossi fans (in general) is that they have a tendancy to not just talk up their man, which I am fine with, but feel the need to badmouth anyone who achieves something against him. It happened with constant dumping on Hayden over the off-season and now belittling Stoner, trying to suggest he is only in front because of his bike. It is a generalisation, I know, but I know a lot of Rossi fans and read a lot of 'em on forums and they are too willing, too often to put other riders down.

Why is Lorenzo a wanna-be personality? Because Rossi had themed celebrations first then no-one else can do them? Give me a break. I saw Vale colour his hair after Anthony Gobert did it so perhaps he is just a Go-Show copy cat.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I choose to wade into the discussion late on and without reading most of the above posts so apologies if what I see has been said before

Rossi is certainly human like all the other riders but he is also very exciting and very, very good. When he moved to Yamaha many people thought he would struggle however with the money, knowledge and people he brings with him the team was turned around in the off season and came back really strongly.

I also find that at every race even if Vale is several places down with 6 laps to go I expect him to pull off some great passes and win. Admitedly he doesn't always do it but it is exciting watching him try, fail, succeed or get out riden by another rider. If Rossi wins the championship again it certainly won't be boring (can't quite see your pov on that Jim as probably the most boring championship, in terms of exciting races, was last year when Nicky won, although the last few races did get interesting cos of points positions).

I may not agree with some of his tactics or blindfolded fans but I think that at the moment Rossi is the most talented rider out there, even if the young guns are now hot on his heels.

Whether Vale wins or loses this season it is going to be one hell of a battle and I don't see how it can be a bad thing if he DOES come out on top, at least we'll be able to say that he was pushed for it by Stoner and Pesdrosa.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster
    The problem I have with Rossi fans (in general) is that they have a tendancy to not just talk up their man, which I am fine with, but feel the need to badmouth anyone who achieves something against him. It happened with constant dumping on Hayden over the off-season and now belittling Stoner, trying to suggest he is only in front because of his bike. It is a generalisation, I know, but I know a lot of Rossi fans and read a lot of 'em on forums and they are too willing, too often to put other riders down.

Why is Lorenzo a wanna-be personality? Because Rossi had themed celebrations first then no-one else can do them? Give me a break. I saw Vale colour his hair after Anthony Gobert did it so perhaps he is just a Go-Show copy cat.
    Why did WE have to get lumped with a couple of Rossi fanatics on here, it was such a peaceful place beforehand! No ones doubting Vale's special abilities, just pointing out that this year Stoner (and to a lesser extent Nicky last year) is making him look like nothing more than another competetive rider in the paddock, not a five time premier class champ and seven time world champ DOMINATOR machine.. Thats all
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!