Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I guess that it would have been different if they were in the Car of Yesterday, the COT is simply killing Montoya and his teams chances. From a top 5 in Atlanta, he went to be a regular in low 20's, and even if he will improve in Sunday, he will not win this one.

If every race is going to be on COT next year, and Ganassi don't improve, he should eval if being a midfielder in NASCAR is better than being a midfielder in F1.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianChiefJoy
    I guess that it would have been different if they were in the Car of Yesterday, the COT is simply killing Montoya and his teams chances. From a top 5 in Atlanta, he went to be a regular in low 20's, and even if he will improve in Sunday, he will not win this one.

If every race is going to be on COT next year, and Ganassi don't improve, he should eval if being a midfielder in NASCAR is better than being a midfielder in F1.
    I wonder if Renault has contacted JPM's agent ???

I hear they have a driver's spot becoming available !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Humble Pie much? he did a good job Sunday.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, some poeple here thought that Montoya wouldn't win today (including myself). Starting 32nd was way too much to bet for him, but Juan showed these NASCAR boys how to turn right. I read comments about how Montoya might never win a Cup race, how he needed a guy like Boris Said to teach him how to drive like Mc Murray, or how he didn't know more than a guy like GT star Ron Fellows (who's this guy?), but Juan showed today that even if he's not in the top car, as long as NASCAR goes to road courses, they are visiting planet Montoya.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's more like visiting planet "Road Racing".

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I am very happy that JPM won and I hope that he stays and improves in NASCAR. I am not a huge fan of the series, but I have great respect to it. It's very hard, with many champions and race winners, with many cars, which are competitive, with a lot of oivertaking and, what I like, it is really, really tough. Rookies don't come, making miracles there...
    Formula 1

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Good job from Juan.

He proved the skepticals wrong again.

I was laughing at the announcer when he said that JPM hadn't learned how to save fuel,.........what a moron.

He proved that you can win from deep within the field.

Also kudos to Gordon with his 7th place; my prediction of a charging train towards the front came true.

The skepticals can just be that,.... skeptical. When they are confronted with an exceptional driver, they don't even see it, they can only critisize...pathetic.

ps. I predict a roadcouse sweep from Juan this year, let's bring on the glen!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JPMfan
    Good job from Juan.

He proved the skepticals wrong again.

I was laughing at the announcer when he said that JPM hadn't learned how to save fuel,.........what a moron.

He proved that you can win from deep within the field.

Also kudos to Gordon with his 7th place; my prediction of a charging train towards the front came true.

The skepticals can just be that,.... skeptical. When they are confronted with an exceptional driver, they don't even see it, they can only critisize...pathetic.

ps. I predict a roadcouse sweep from Juan this year, let's bring on the glen!!
    I think Stewart and the Gordons will have a say in that. Juan did a great job, but lets not kid ourselves here and say it was some kind of dominating drive, he got lucky. The front runners couldn't make it on fuel, Juan took the gamble that he could and it paid off.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Many of those at the front were counting on other drivers running out of fuel or on a similar strategy so I don't think it detracts from Juan's drive at all otherwise everyone would have done it.

I wouldn't expect him to repeat the win on an oval this year though.

Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
    Ladies & Gentlemen, I direct your attention to the month of August...

8/4-BGN race at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, 8/5-NNC race at Pocono Raceway...

8/11-12 BGN/NNC weekend at Watkins Glen...

Make plans & get your tickets now...
    Defend mediocrity... because excelence is just too hard to achieve. :p