Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Crisis Meetings?

anyone care to make sense of this translation, and put it in a nut shell?

I see phrases like 'crisis meetings', 'liquidity problem'...

http://translate.google.com/translat...dnews%5fdetail
    ------------------------------------
    But you can call me Buzz
    email: buzz@pixar.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Its quite confusing first it speaks about ISC and a contract of 3 years, and then it turns in to the tracking system and David Richards wanting to charge for it...

any german speaker out there?

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    I translate it as follows.
    DR "I need new contract for WRC, or no splits until I'm gone".

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
    The well researched article basically lists the status quo of the discussions between FIA and ISC concerning future contracts. The actual agreement runs until the end of 2010.
    DR denies any rumours about ISC having monetary problems (which is quite the opposite of what you here from ISC sub-contractors waiting for money).

From Finland on WRC organisers will have to pay for the ISC timing system. Obviously they are free to install their own system. But as far as I know, the ISC price of roughly 100.000 Euro is quite competitive for the service provided. Plus the big teams don't like the idea of having a different system each rally. One question is: Are FIA and the organisers willing to skip the tracking system (which would make the timing system much cheaper)?

Why only the organisers of the second half of the 2007 season are made to pay for the ISC service is a different question . . .

On the long run DR wants the FIA to pay for the timing system. Who in turn will for sure up the WRC fee for the organisers.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    nothing new in it, really.

this thread closely relates to the absence of Rally Radio....
    the wise man does at once what the fool does finally - macchiavelli

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Do the F1 teams have to pay for their timing systems? If not , then why should the WRC teams, double standards or what? The F1A couldn't make it any clearer that WRC is just a hindrance, could they? Really the whole sport is in a shambles, when we should be looking forward to an exciting Title fight.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Do the F1 teams have to pay for their timing systems? If not , then why should the WRC teams, double standards or what? The F1A couldn't make it any clearer that WRC is just a hindrance, could they? Really the whole sport is in a shambles, when we should be looking forward to an exciting Title fight.
    Where it is said that the WRC teams have to pay for timing system?
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Strange question but isnt timing how Rallying works?!

If teams were charged for times then if they didn't pay, will the FIA not tell them at the end of each stage what position they are in?

The split info is good for teams as well as online as it gives a realtime view of a stage and how teams are getting on.
    Teams could do split on there own with a person with a stopwatch and a mobile every couple of km reporting back - but this puts expence back onto the teams.

Also not everyone puts the info on the FIA system, you do get crews that do not provide this data - perhaps this is the death of splits for online viewing!

flip