Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mousse system

Liked 657 Times in 352 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Donney
    if you consider rallying boring and processional in the many years previous to the introduction of the mousse system.
    Have you had a look at average winning margins of the past? Trend and it's implications are quite obvious.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Sauron
    ...This could meen a danger of not having a rally winner who won by his driving. Rather a winner who paced himself slowely in order to avoid all the problems at all.
    How is that not a driver winning by his driving. Sometimes the key to winning is making sure you finish...
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L5->R5/CR
    How is that not a driver winning by his driving. Sometimes the key to winning is making sure you finish...
    I agree. I don't particularly like the fact that the cars have 95% reliability and punctures are all too rare. Punctures ARE a part of rallying!
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

4. Likes: flat_right (25th May 2022)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkka
    Have you had a look at average winning margins of the past? Trend and it's implications are quite obvious.
    Right, but in the past there were five days rallyes so it was possible to have a puncture, loose three min and win a rally.
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    It was also the case that the good drivers had less punctures because they were generally better at avoiding rocks and took it a bit easier
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    I agree. I don't particularly like the fact that the cars have 95% reliability and punctures are all too rare. Punctures ARE a part of rallying!
    Exactly. So too are the rough roads that cause them; as are (were?) the demanding rallies that cause lots of retirements.

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Hmm, I didn't know there are people that enjoy the lack of cars on the road.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Retirements are a fact of rallying. Why do people complain about stupidrally when it gives you more cars and complain about cars getting punctures?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think removing the mouse system is not a good thing:

- It will force drivers to take less risk, because a puncture means that you lost the rally. So WRC will be less spectacular and we wil have accountant races: if you are 20 seconds behind, taking risk will be out of question because a puncture will make you lose all the 2nd place point.

- Even though some Drivers are better at avoiding rocks, there are some that are unavoidable. Winning a rally will rely more on luck than skills.

- More retirements: it means less cars on the road and a less competitive field in day 2 and 3.

- Security is always an issue. The mousse make the car safer.

I think if you ask the current WRC drivers their opinion about using the mousse next year, most of them think it's a very bad idea.

Liked 33 Times in 19 Posts
    It is easy, look at PWRC or JWRC were mousse in not allowed, that but with WRC cars is what al the tyre thin is going to be about. Carrying 2 spares would be wise, and could even become mandatory (so no one retires arally just because got two punctures between service areas).
    Zeque
    Argentina