Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilf
    I wonder, what series do you want him to get more experience in that will help him. He has shown himself well on the road/street courses as well as on the flat ovals. Where he needs to improve are on the banked ovals; where do you get that experience in an open wheel car? Look for a top 10 this weekend with a top 5 possible on the flat Milwaukee Mile. He looked good there last year.
    He needs time to develop a feel for a car on the high banks.
    If the goal is to stay in the IRL, your advice is valid. The dirty little secret though is Marco has F1 aspirations. Running well at Texas doesn't mean much to f1 owners. They want to know if you will run La Source at Spa flat out....

As for all this talk about Marco, he just finished second at a pretty tough little bullring in Iowa,so lets stop writing the kid off. He is still learning on ovals, and I think is having a tougher time submitting his ego to the hands of the engineers. Marco I think still wants to just overcome all by just using his right foot, and today's racing wont allow that ham fisted approach. He will get there.....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    If the goal is to stay in the IRL, your advice is valid. The dirty little secret though is Marco has F1 aspirations. Running well at Texas doesn't mean much to f1 owners. They want to know if you will run La Source at Spa flat out....

As for all this talk about Marco, he just finished second at a pretty tough little bullring in Iowa,so lets stop writing the kid off. He is still learning on ovals, and I think is having a tougher time submitting his ego to the hands of the engineers. Marco I think still wants to just overcome all by just using his right foot, and today's racing wont allow that ham fisted approach. He will get there.....
    I think he wants to try to be the Andretti that can finally end that little curse on the family at the intersection of 16th and Georgetown. He can run F1 in the future as he has the contacts with Honda. Daddy's money is in the IRL right now, so that's where he's racing. That wasn't the totally the case when he was developing running somewhat under the radar in Barber and Atlantics. He could have used another year in atlantics, but he had basically reached the point where his name was bringing too much attention to his on track record and they needed to pull him in under the IRL team umbrella. What good was running in the pro series going to do. IF he wants to get to F1, I agree eventually he's going to need to get some time in a GP2 ride. Even moving over to CCWS isn't going to get him the cred he needs in the eyes of the F1 generals.
    HINCHTOWN!!