Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    These results were from 2004-2005 when she was with Howard-Boss (a competitive ride) before she went Samax in 2006 (far from competitive).

http://www.grand-am.com/Events/Sessi...?SessionID=202
    http://www.grand-am.com/Events/Sessi...?SessionID=397
    http://www.grand-am.com/Events/Sessi...?SessionID=510

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I think Duno wouldn't be there without her money connections, but that is racing. Truth be told, she will add interest to Danicamania and unlike Danica, she seems to have a very pleasant persona, something Danica needs to learn about. Danica at times comes off a little petulant and spoiled, and I think many people in the media have overlooked that.

Females in racing other than drag racing are a novelty because in the end, driving a race car is more physical than people realize, and women are pushing the boundries of their physical endurance and strength in a race car. That, and most women choose not to race, which may say something about their intelligence!!!

No, women are no big deal in drag racing only because Shirley Muldowney came along and kicked everyone's tail repeatelely until they got used to it. No woman has done so in Road racing or oval racing. Erin Crocker and Sarah Fisher both raced sprint cars and won on occasion and did well. They earned a look. Danica, Legge and Duno have a tough road to go in their series. Legge won at Atlantics, Duno has a little sniff of winning in Rolex cars, and Danica has showed signs of racing well, but lets face it, none of the three are as agood as 3 guys you could name who don't have rides who maybe just need money. That said, the women in the series create a rooting interest for half the population, are popular as underdogs and are an interesting experiment for the battle of the sexes. None of these women are unattractive so I am sure that is part of the appeal.

No, Duno maybe isn't "deserving" of the ride based on talent, and I don't think she will make it either, but hey, it beats watching some nobody struggle at the back of the field.

Oh ya, while Iam at it, I didn't start the Bash Chavez stuff back there, I just commented on it. Any politician of any stripe who is full of his own BS will always get a smack from me, regardless of his political affiliation. A little open mindedness and free speech doesn't hurt anyone guys, but I can understand how no one wants a thread hi jacked either...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Proper sponsorship has been the number one element holding back women in racing. Desiree Wilson couldn't get proper funding even after winning a non-points F1 race. I can name several women from the past that were more talented then the current crop. Anyway, Danicamania broke a barrier and has created an opportunity. Hopefully this will stick. That means next generation we may see women vying for championships at the top level of OW.

Don't forget Milka also won in P2.

Statistically, it's not valid to expect a member of a small sample size to compete at the level of the best of a large sample size. It also isn't logical to assert a mid-pack driver isn't worthy of a mid-pack seat while ignoring all the slower drivers in the field. (I pointed this out on the other forum, especailly considering that Dominguez was occupying one of the few prime seats.)

This might be subject for a separate thread, but I bet Danica wins this year.

To be fair on the Chavez issue, you do realize that his bizarre and reckless behavior came about after he returned to office after he was ousted by a Bush Administration-backed coup. We made the monster out of the half-wit.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by canada
    it seems like the Indy 500's bubble day will soon be replaced by by a wet t-shirt contest: booble day.

Well, bubble day has been slow the last few years...
    "No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair." - General George S. Patton

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    "it seems like the Indy 500's bubble day will soon be replaced by by a wet t-shirt contest: booble day."

...ah, a return to the good ol' days.
    Doug