Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    do you think tyre wear was a problem??
    ------------------------------------
    But you can call me Buzz
    email: buzz@pixar.com

Liked 33 Times in 19 Posts
    Hey N.O.T., last year you sent me great picures of Ligato and Pozzo, which I sent to them (only Pozzo thanked it).

Do you have pictutes of Munchi´s team and Pozzo again?
    Zeque
    Argentina

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Very interesting rally as many said.
    When I got back last night from the service park I was in a very positive mood even if I missed the first leg cause of heavy workload.

I went on Saturday to see Ag. Theodori 1&2 from different places each time.
    Sunday we went to Assopia 1&2 in different places again each time.

In Ag. Theodori 1 we were at the 34rth km of the stage where road changed from gravel to tarmac for 1 km approximately. Loeb was visually faster than everyone else. He passed by impressively fast on the very edge of limit. At the same point Atkinson left for us some mouse from his punctured tyre for souvenir.
    In Ag. Theodori 2 we were in a very nice downhill spot followed by a right and a left hairpin at the 10nth km of the stage. Very fast approach and braking on the limit to flick for the hairpin. Gronholm was great to watch. Solberg, Latvala also. Loeb at the limit again. And the rest were more than good enough. Kopecky impressed us very much. I think he must get a works car again to show his true potential. This guy was driving a car which was slow when it was a works car in 05. But even now he was very fast and spectacular and managed to finish 7th! Also the PWRC drivers were nice to watch. Great stuff. Vertunov passed very impressive at this spot like he was driving a WRC!

3rd leg. Assopia 1. Again in a high speed downhill left hander followed by a bit slower right turn at the 13nth km of the stage. Loeb was in a real hurry there!!! But in general I can't pick who was best actually. Latvala, Hirvo, Gron, Peter, Kopecky and ofcourse were flat out. All of them were great to see. Sordo, Atko, Wilson, Henning, Vovos were impressive as well. In Assopia 2 we were 300 meters before the end in a high speed spot. Fast right to fast left downhill a bit followed by a jump and then uphill towards flying. Latvala, Hirvo, Loeb, Solberg Kopecky were the most spectacular.

In general it was GREAT to see that in Leg 1 we had such an immense competition with many drivers being so close. 2nd leg the lead had gone away but the fight of Peter and Seb was very interesting as well.
    Great to see Subaru and specially Peter to be competitive able to push Seb and Marcus. Very promising performance. Also Atko was there too prove his point. Nice performance from him 1st day.
    Gron was in a class of his own. He put his foot down and used the long stage to build up a nice safe gap. Loeb couldn't do something about it. And he tried. On 3rd leg he didn't give up. U could see him pushing on the limit.

Gron, Loeb, Latvala, Hirvo, Peter, Atko, Kopecky were my favourites from the one's I've watched. Not that the rest left me unimpressed.
    And many PWRC guys were very professional and nice to watch. Thumbs up for them even that I missed the JWRC guys...!

Generally was a good rally to spectate. The down side is that with the repeated stages you don't have a wide choice as 2-3 years back. 1 or 2 max stages a day.
    I prefered to stay in the same stage but from different spots each time.

Service park was nice. The SSS was nicely designed but not good for the spectators. Far away from the crowds is not the spirit of a super special stage. Last year OAKA sss was much better.

I have some pics to upload as soon as I have the films printed.

Now I m sad that I have to wait for another year...!
    FIAT ABARTH SQUADRA CORSE

TO FINISH FIRST, FIRST YOU HAVE TO FINISH

Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    Ford 60th win?

http://www.wrc.com/page/News/Breakin...032884,00.html

The win on Sunday was a special won for Ford, given that they have done so well on the Acropolis in the last eight years. It was also the 60th win for the Blue Oval at this level, something Wilson himself didn't know.

“I didn't realise it was the 60th, but it's a special moment. It's six times in eight years that we have won here and a pretty good record for us,” he added.
    http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~4~id~149025.htm

Or 59th win?
    http://www.rally-live.com/wrc/en/sta...ructeurs.shtml

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    I really love your pictures, because you have captured so much more of the "feeling" in the rally than just rallycars on stages. keep up the good work!