Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neninja
    I rate Hopper as one of the top 5 riders on MotoGP. I just hope he doesn't end up having to ride a nail. Kawasaki are the smallest Japanese manufacturer and always seem to lag a couple of years behind in GP bike development.

I'd rather see him stay at Suzuki or get Capirossi's seat at Ducati. (It pains me to say that as I ride a Kwak and would love to see them do well)
    Hey what do you ride Neninja? I love the green machines.

I know what you mean about Kawasaki lagging behind in racing development. The ZX10R has always been real fast out of the box as witnessed by their winning Masterbike the last 3 years until this year. Their problem was always developing a decent race kit. I believe they have now set up a European based racing arm, similar to Honda and HRC so hopefully this will bear fruit as it appears to be with the supersport effort.

I really believe that the current ZX-RR is a good race bike without the personell to fully show it's potential. Even Shinya, as good as he is, I don't think he had the absolute racing desperation of someone like Hopkins to really push Kawasaki to be it's best. It looks to me like the new bike steers real well and it has had great top end all year. I hope Kawasaki can follow in Suzuki's footsteps and finally deliver on their promises of competitiveness, so long as they can get the right riders on board as well.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    please dont go to Kawasaki Hopper, Suzuki are doing such a great job at the moment!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My feelings too, at the mo' Suzook have a dream team.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster
    Hey what do you ride Neninja? I love the green machines.
    2003 ZX636R

Cracking bike once the suspension is properly sorted. I usually only keep bikes for 2 years and then change them but there really is nothing else that I'd rather ride at the moment. (Had a 2001 ZX6R before that)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach24
    Word on the street has Hopper making the move to Kawasaki in 08'.

Hopper has an eye on the future and see's himself as a clear number 1 at the big K.

Recently even Kawasaki themselves have come out to say they have the bike but not the rider.

Jeremy Burgess of Rossi and Doohan team management fame has the same opinion of the Green machine.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/59081

Sounds like a smart move on Hopper's behalf, but something tells me he will stay put and someone else may make the move?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/59064
    My gut feel on Capirossi is growing legs. I gotta say I think Capirossi is now the wrong rider to take Kwaka to the top step..... Perhaps 5 years ago?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/060620...capirossi.html

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    im gonna be real disappointed if my man hopkins leaves suzuki. especially now that he has done the hard yards and stuck it out while suzuki were struggling. to leave now that suzuki appear to have turned the corner would be a shame. he is a great rider to watch and id be very disappointed to see him go elsewhere. i think suzuki have a good team going with he and chris the V, hopefully it stays that way.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    maybe money will play a role in making his choice?
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Corny
    maybe money will play a role in making his choice?
    Money (Monster Energy) will be the ultimate deciding factor in the move..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach24
    My gut feel on Capirossi is growing legs. I gotta say I think Capirossi is now the wrong rider to take Kwaka to the top step..... Perhaps 5 years ago?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/060620...capirossi.html
    I agree that it appears more liekly than not that Loris will ride for team green next year. However, I reckon that he would be a fantastic aquisition for Kawasaki, especially if they could land Hopkins as well. Capirex is still fast and can develop a bike very well, perfect for Hopkins (and RdP?) to take advantage of.

Quote Originally Posted by tha_jackal
    Money (Monster Energy) will be the ultimate deciding factor in the move..
    That is spot on. I think he would obey the will of Monster, especially if they up his contract and it appears that he wouldn't be moving to a slower bike, just to chase money.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster
    I agree that it appears more liekly than not that Loris will ride for team green next year. However, I reckon that he would be a fantastic aquisition for Kawasaki, especially if they could land Hopkins as well. Capirex is still fast and can develop a bike very well, perfect for Hopkins (and RdP?) to take advantage of.

That is spot on. I think he would obey the will of Monster, especially if they up his contract and it appears that he wouldn't be moving to a slower bike, just to chase money.
    all valid points mach, jackal and ninja....... the corporate $ will be the major influence on Hopkins decision making. I personally think that the move to kawasaki is the right way to go for Hopkins... the bike is on the rise, as Burgess and other influential figures in the paddock have said..... whereas kawasaki considering Capirossi is just plain dumbass.

Capirex has 2 kids now and has more than once admitted this season that his focus has waned. I just can't see him riding at 100% to properly forward development into the ZX-RR.........

Another interesting conundrum all this rumor poses is....... who goes where once the first domino falls????

Exciting times with the silly season ahead peeps :