Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Little Johnny Hopper and Team Green?

Word on the street has Hopper making the move to Kawasaki in 08'.

Hopper has an eye on the future and see's himself as a clear number 1 at the big K.

Recently even Kawasaki themselves have come out to say they have the bike but not the rider.

Jeremy Burgess of Rossi and Doohan team management fame has the same opinion of the Green machine.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/59081

Sounds like a smart move on Hopper's behalf, but something tells me he will stay put and someone else may make the move?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/59064

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Its a bit early for the who-will-be-going-where rumours but the contracts of both Hopper and Chris are up for renewal at the end of this season. I couldnt see John making the leap to Kwak on the promise of better machinery because the Suzuki team gotta be well pleased with their new bikes performance. There is of course the small matter of money and position in the team and maybe that would tempt Hopper away....Id hate to see it though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jim mcglinchey
    Its a bit early for the who-will-be-going-where rumours but the contracts of both Hopper and Chris are up for renewal at the end of this season. I couldnt see John making the leap to Kwak on the promise of better machinery because the Suzuki team gotta be well pleased with their new bikes performance. There is of course the small matter of money and position in the team and maybe that would tempt Hopper away....Id hate to see it though.
    Are you suggesting Chris V is equal to Hopper? If not rated ahead?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If Chris outperforms Hopper this year then, even though he has alot more GP experience, Hopper may feel that he's not the #1 rider at Suzuki.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Interesting times ahead at Suzuki MotoGP. I think it is fair to say Hopper has out performed CV in dry conditions since season start.

CV wins a landmark race for the brand and the news comes that Hopper is on the prowl. I am sure there is no coincidence and Hopper is just doing what any rider would do.

CV is perhaps not the most gifted rider but he gives his all and endears himself to every team he works with.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I don't think Hopper going to the Green Machine would be a bad move at all. The Kwaka's are starting to become competitive. I think Shinya Nakano should be kicking himself right now, as I believe if he had stayed there, he would have had a podium by now, and be in the hunt for a top 5 in the championship. CV shined in the wet, but, lets see how the rest of the year pans out. Chris is a talented rider no doubt, but, it was also a race that saw a Kawasaki leading, then a Dunlop shod bike leading. I think it was Chris's day. I hope he does get on and get more podiums though.
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would be rapt if Hopkins came to Team Green but I can't see it happening. He turned down a Ducati offer to stay with Zook and now that they are finally delivering on their promise of a competitive bike, it seems crazy for him to leave. Also, CV would be a lot closer had he had a little bit more luck in some of the dry races where circumstance has held him back.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How about Max Biaggi on the Kawi?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I guess i don't really know how much pull a sponsor has over who John will ride with, but after the strong start Suzuki has had this season I cant see any reason for moving. Sure the Kawa is also looking strong but why abandon a project after you've poured so much sweat into it.

I will also add (even if OT) if Burgess and everyone feel that the Kawa is a awesome bike, what does this say about OJ and Randy.
    go speed racer go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think it says that OJ is past his best, and Randy could highside a paddock scooter at 5mph if he wasn't careful.
    Shinya will be thinking, "Looks like I picked the wrong year to stop sniffing glue."