Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    As you stay in Tampere you can drive through Ouninpohja on Friday as it's on your way to/from stages on Friday and that way find the best place for you to spectate.
    Very good idea!

Any other inside tips of stages? What about friday?

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    I actually haven't decided my program for friday yet, except the last loop of the day, I'll choose SS 10 jukojärvi over SS8 Urria.

Last year I was in Vellipohja and it was pretty good This year I probably choose something else, Palsankylä both run maybe.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hey guys.

shock beyond belief, it looks like I'll actually get the time off to come to Finland, so I am in need of many tips:

IS it better to fly into Helsinki and make my way to rally or fly straight into....i can't type it correctly, Jyvaskyla?

Best places to stay?

Anybody want to help me out and befriend me out on the stages? Rallies aren't as much fun on your own,......
    Chris Atkinson for World Rally Champion!
    Seb the Sweeper... back in action!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Hey

If you can somehow meet up with the main forum group I'm sure people would be happy to have you along I'd fly to Helsinki. It's lovely and the drive up is a nice one and you get to see such nice lakes as number 173 and my alltime favourite number 759. Finland is good even on your own. you're bound to meet a drunk or 20
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    oh, i'm expecting plenty of drunks, don't worry! :P

would be cool to meet up with the forum guys! Who was I speaking to..Colin from WRR mentioned flying into Tampere instead of Helsinki...I'll see, I'm organising my time off first, and then organising Finland! But hoepfully I'll meet with some of you there?

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Ryanair fly to Tampere, most airlines fly to Helsinki and then you'd need a connection to Jyvaskyla.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Use someone like www.travelsupermarket.com or www.expedia.co.uk to find the best fare. It will probably cheapest to go to Tampere with Ryanair though
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ok guys...

another question, if anyone is still lurking around.

best option - get own car and drive out to stages, yes? and where is a good place to sleep? (ultimately, the car makes a good hotel, except it has no shower!)

...i so should have organised this ages ago, but i wasn't sure if i'd be able to get the time off work!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the car works. No shower? don't worry, your out in the Finnish nature, no one will care Take a dip in one of the lakes if you want a rinse, they are clean and nice to take a swim in.
    Forza Ferrari!
    Michael Schumacher the best F1 driver ever

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Summary:

A good rally, perfect weather and quite good stages. Too much marshalls and a little bit too crowdy for my taste. But still - Finland is good, really good! I will refer to my film, if you want to see what it looked like.

Film:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueE8U9OxYQE

SS2 Vellipohja 1
    Went in from the start and we stood at the jumps shown on TV (film at 01.02). It looks far better on TV than in real life. There was a lot of cut down wood next to the road, so I could'nt see very good. That spot was bad, however, 500 m before it was great (film at 02.29) and I regret not standing there (I almost did, but you know how it is - "wonder what it looks like around next corner?"). I would recommend the spot, but not where I stood. Stand at the end of the long straight with all the small jumps.
    Also I have a feeling that the drivers wasnt really up to speed (after all, it was only 2 km into the very first stage).

SS5 Vellipohja 2
    I was too restless to wait at the same spot (otherwise I would have stood at the place above). Instead we went to the middle of the stage (10 km, film at 01.10) just before the second junction. I needed to get some speed feeling and got it, since it was possible to stand close to the road. The cars showed up over a sideways crest on top of a long downhill. Not the most spectacular I've seen, but still OK. Easy access and not too much crowd or marshalls... Easy to walk around to get different spots (ex film at 02.57)Recommendation - see SS2.

SS8 Urria
    We stod after a fast jump combination (about 5 km into the stage, film at 00.58) but we were forced into the forest. That ment you didnt get the right feeling. 300 m before that spot ther is a fast sideways jump, but you couldn get close to that either. I am a little bit dissapointed. Perhaps I should have stood closer to the jump (film at 03.28).

SS15 Leustu
    First we went to the "Wilks"-jump a few km into the stage, but it was a little bit too crowdy for me. Insted we parked at an inside 300 m before (film at 00.54) the big jump. Really good feeling. Loved it - just look at Pons! No marshalls disturbing you. Then we walked towards the start and stood by the end of the long fast straight (film at 00.43 and 01.22). Also nice - especially in combination with the fast inside we stood at first. SS15 was acctually the best spot this weekend.

We stayed at a hotell in Tampere, at it was OK TP. The road is good up too the rally area.