Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrally
    Fourth participation in Wales, 3th in New Zealand for Pons ! First in both events for Sordo. Do You think that experience counts ?!?!?

Regards
    jorge

Don't count off Stohl

Manfred was 3rd, not Xavi in N-Z

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jidoka
    He was pretty average. No star quality....
    Michael Schumacher syndrome seems to affect Loeb's team-mates as well. Look at Duval and now Pons.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    pons is one of these drivers that is hard to pin point what he needs or if he is good at all. let's face it tomi, these days everyone who wasnt born in a citroen or is not in the latest focus is rather average compared to the top 3 crews. but pons seemed to be improving and even if he was not fastest for sure he has been pretty consistant and rather safe compared to people like wilson. he would be a good driver if one were to get a trophy for 4-5th place but in overall he might have needed a kick in the butt and to increase that boost a little and he could have been a regular podium finisher. i dont know, maybe i just want to see more spaniards in the championship.....
    I am Yahya the Infinite. <-search it

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankenSchwinn
    pons is one of these drivers that is hard to pin point what he needs or if he is good at all. let's face it tomi, these days everyone who wasnt born in a citroen or is not in the latest focus is rather average compared to the top 3 crews. but pons seemed to be improving and even if he was not fastest for sure he has been pretty consistant and rather safe compared to people like wilson. he would be a good driver if one were to get a trophy for 4-5th place but in overall he might have needed a kick in the butt and to increase that boost a little and he could have been a regular podium finisher. i dont know, maybe i just want to see more spaniards in the championship.....
    Yes, anyway he gave up quite easily, kind of in middle of become a driver, now we never know what he might have turned out to be.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    Yes, anyway he gave up quite easily, kind of in middle of become a driver, now we never know what he might have turned out to be.
    He sort of fizzled in the middle of this season as well, which was a pretty big shocker to me. Pons, in my mind, is not considered an elite driver, I don't think he'll ever contend for a drivers' title, but he could certainly have been a bigger aide to Citroen in the manufacturer's title hunt. With Sordo learning the ropes of the WRC, Pons really needed to bring in more than 32 points and a seventh overall in the classification this year.

Though, I will admit that from Turkey onward, he was about as impressive as you could be for a driver.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GunsofNavarone
    He sort of fizzled in the middle of this season as well, which was a pretty big shocker to me. Pons, in my mind, is not considered an elite driver, I don't think he'll ever contend for a drivers' title, but he could certainly have been a bigger aide to Citroen in the manufacturer's title hunt. With Sordo learning the ropes of the WRC, Pons really needed to bring in more than 32 points and a seventh overall in the classification this year.

Though, I will admit that from Turkey onward, he was about as impressive as you could be for a driver.
    Yes, the second driver is Citroens problem, they dont get anywhere on gravel, next year there will be 3-4 fords and maybe henning sometimes between Sordo and the podium.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 34 Times in 15 Posts
    Shame about him leaving, he put in some consistant and solid results towards the end of the season. At least he can say he got to driver with Number 1 on the side of his car on several WRC Events. Not many people will ever be able to say that
    Twitter - @Rallycameraman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 306 Cosworth
    At least he can say he got to driver with Number 1 on the side of his car on several WRC Events. Not many people will ever be able to say that
    LOL good point, not many drivers understand to finish on the top of the carreer,wonder if the spaniards also starts crying soon, come back xavi, come back xavi.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom206wrc
    Don't count off Stohl

Manfred was 3rd, not Xavi in N-Z
    I meant 3th participation, Tom206wrc !

regards
    jorge

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Pons entering the IRC from 2007 now.