Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    So, 5 million per year.......Those angry fans need to direct their anger at the WRC Promoter..... The WRC isn't worth getting for that kind of money.....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 23 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    So, 5 million per year.......Those angry fans need to direct their anger at the WRC Promoter..... The WRC isn't worth getting for that kind of money.....
    I believe the fee is only a part of that amount. It costs money to organize an event of this dimension, and sponsorships don't cover everything.

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Disappointed but not surprised, I hope CER will at least get to retain its slot.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 217 Times in 113 Posts
    The amount requested by MI from the Irish government was 5 million Euro for each of the 3 years 15 Million in total, when you read the whole statement you can see that the Government were not really interested in backing a motorsport event, and when you think back to Bobby Willis's try to have Rally NI, the UK Government was asked for 2 Million Pounds at that time and side stepped the request both times.
    Not surprised at all, i'd have been more surprised if the money would have been made available..

5. Likes: AndyRAC (17th April 2024),Corcaíoch (16th April 2024),Eli (16th April 2024),J4MIE (16th April 2024),Jewy46 (16th April 2024),PLuto (17th April 2024)
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/irela...wrc-2026-slot/

They will try again for 2026, but tbh this part caught my interest: "Paraguay is known to be one of the countries vying for one of those slots, though DirtFish understands its odds of making the calendar as soon as 2025 are also in question. Saudi Arabia is believed to be another event hoping to step up to next year’s WRC calendar." & Specifically about Paraguay. At the moment it seems only the Canary Islands & Saudi Arabia will be the new additions for next year.

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/irela...r-its-wrc-bid/

Some nice insight on how difficult it is to get funding for a WRC event .

8. Likes: AndyRAC (18th April 2024)
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/wrc-2...ng-into-place/

Like it’s been discussed here before it’s a matter of where will Rally Croatia will be held next year and not if and it seems CER is confirmed for it’s third year in a row.

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Rally Croatia is a must. It’s a fantastic event.

Not only in real life but it’s also my favorites in the new WRC game. The stages are so much fun to play
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

11. Likes: philippebugalski (25th April 2024)
    Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Not only in real life but it’s also my favorites in the new WRC game. The stages are so much fun to play
    That's little surprising, for me Croatia in EA WRC is disappointing and feels rather dull. It's partially due to too clean and smooth tarmac and partially due to Bliznec-Pila being weird choice for representing that rally. Plenty of Croatian stages are run across some villages while stage chosen for game is pretty much all forest with too much hairpins.

Agree it's great Croatia stays in calendar. Estonia getting back to calendar is also nice thing, although I prefer if it would rotate with Poland instead of Latvia. Maybe I will change my opinion after seeing WRC1 cars on Latvian roads but imo Poland and Estonia have more fun stages.

13. Likes: philippebugalski (25th April 2024)
    Liked 34 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Backa View Post
    That's little surprising, for me Croatia in EA WRC is disappointing and feels rather dull. It's partially due to too clean and smooth tarmac and partially due to Bliznec-Pila being weird choice for representing that rally. Plenty of Croatian stages are run across some villages while stage chosen for game is pretty much all forest with too much hairpins.

Agree it's great Croatia stays in calendar. Estonia getting back to calendar is also nice thing, although I prefer if it would rotate with Poland instead of Latvia. Maybe I will change my opinion after seeing WRC1 cars on Latvian roads but imo Poland and Estonia have more fun stages.
    I would 100% agree that EA WRC Croatia is dull and does not represent the real unique stlye of our event. Every single stage there is includes roads from Medvednica mountain climbing to the top. In 2021 Croatia Rally shakedown and 2 stages where held there so basically EA made whole stage package around that which is disappointing cause in 2022 and 2023 rally did not conclude any of those stages.
    Still every stage is linked to the same road climbing the same mountain making it 100% not accurate with real life stages and it's original names.

Would like to see them change it and make it accurate.

Down to the real event I'm rooting for it to be held with the base in Zagreb like it is now and not moving to the coastline.