Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 78 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM
    I saw a lot of things wrote here, and some blames about Red Bull Air race.

I think that you shouldn't be critic about the ones who work well as red Bull does, you should be critic about the ones who work really bad like FIA (regulations) and ISC (promotion). The problem is not on the way as red Bull promotes his event, who as no history but can possibly reach the same level of ROI as a WRC event, the problem is on the other side, the side of the ones who don't promote.
    It is not the Air Race we are upset with or blaming. The FIA or ISC had nothing to do with it. Just as the Red Bull Air Race organisers have nothing to do with this argument.

It was that the government made big announcements about how they changed their accounting practice & thus the figures from the WRC round in Perth showed a poor outcome. Thus it was axed immediately. The air race was pumped up by the government to be bigger & much better beyond what it was.

Now two years after they made that announcement, it has been shown that ALL events have failed to return the investment they figured in their accounting. The air race looked good on tv & hope it does well in the future. But for now, it just did not match what the government said it would & now has egg on their face.
    Happiness is using the side windows more than the windscreen

In reply to being asked what 240Kph on Watagans Road was like:-
    \"Wait till I check my pants, I didn\'t know whether to sh#t myself or orgasm!!!\"

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
    agree with the comment about the coverege on regular TV over here, there's a hell of a lot more for the Red Bull Air Race than the rallying gets

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree! But the rally has gone and I doubt the Queenslanders will ever let it go – mad if they did!

Guess all we can do now is work on attracting or creating another major motorsport event in WA. Perhaps we could try & wrestle the GP or Moto GP of the Vics! Or better still – create our own world class event – a rally or maybe our own Bathurst!
    Whatever it is, the Govt of the day must NOT have anything to do with its organisation! You’re spot on Daniel – they couldn’t organise a P/..up in a brewery!
    I don’t know who but we have plenty of wealthy entrepreneurs in the state & I’m sure some of those involved in m/s know some of them! Choose the location carefully (not in a Dieback area!) and promote it as we promote AFL (and we all know that’s on every week!)

I will get to see Rally Oz in 2008 but only because I’ll be returning from Rally NZ via Brisbane. I won’t be spending that kind of money to visit Qld again. I’d rather see some of our magnificent state (widely promoted overseas & Perth doesn’t get a mention!) or spend it going to an overseas rally – it’s probably cheaper & you get much better viewing access!

Guess all we can do is move on and work on our motorsport drought.