Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts

2024 - Race 2 Saudia Arabia

Race 2 - As the World Turns in Formula 1

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    I think this going to be the true showing of the capability of all cars on the grid. At the end of this race, we should have a much clearer picture of how far ahead Redbull actually is. And what the true pecking order is at this stage of the season.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    I think this going to be the true showing of the capability of all cars on the grid. At the end of this race, we should have a much clearer picture of how far ahead Redbull actually is. And what the true pecking order is at this stage of the season.

We shall see the true pace of Ferrari and Mercedes. I like the look of the 2024 Mercedes. They are clearly on a very promising trajectory.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    I wish Jeddah wasn't such a tunnel of catch fences. It turned out to be a great track but being so tight even the camera views are limited in showing the real flow of the track.

Four teams in the top four positions though FP2, with Alonso on top. Though I expect Max will probably top that tomorrow, they look tight enough that it could get interesting.

That near miss with Lewis and Logan wasn't far away from becoming real bad. A terrible part of the track for it to happen on, and if they curb upset the Williams much more Logan could have been hard into a wall had he avoided contact with the Merc. Really poor job from the Merc pit wall on keeping Lewis informed, and TBH I don't think their fine was quite enough as it was all on them for not informing Lewis.

That incident was really the one thing I don't like about the track. If the wrong thing happens at the wrong place it could go bad really quickly. I think it's probably the most dangerous track in the series currently, just so many blind or close corners that proper warning is hard even if teams/marshalls/drivers are on their games. And even as much as they keep making the cars safer and safer, I'd hate to see the wreck that finds the limits of the current cars. And with this track, a multi car incident in the wrong place could easily do just that it seems.

5. Likes: Bagwan (8th March 2024)
    Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    It won't take until 2025 for an English driver to race for Ferrari again: Oliver Bearman is set to replace Sainz who is suffering from appendicitis.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

7. Likes: airshifter (9th March 2024)
    Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
    Max Verstappen will start on pole position for tomorrow's race.

FanAmp and r/GrandPrixTravel - Two Wonderful Places for F1 Fans

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    In the Red Bull soap opera - Marko indicates he might be suspended from Red Bull.

Max says in response:

"Also, I’ve always expressed this to everyone within the team, everyone high up, that he’s an important part in my decision-making for all the time in the future as well within the team. So it’s very important that he stays within the team, including, of course, everyone else, because it’s a whole team effort.”

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Max Verstappen will start on pole position for tomorrow's race.

Very exciting qualy. First two rows were hauling ass's. Shout out to the top qualifiers. Brilliant job Max, LeC', Chec, and Fred.

'troll......slow......sad.......whats up with that dude? He is getting bro smoked.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    May the forza be with you

11. Likes: airshifter (9th March 2024)
    Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    'troll!

May the forza be with you

13. Likes: airshifter (9th March 2024)
    Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    'troll!

Sooner or later daddy will figure out that he's just pissing away money on any dreams for Lance. If he really wants to own a team, he needs to find a better driver. It just goes to show you can be a billionaire and not so bright at times.

Overall, nothing really unexpected in the race. Lance brings out the safety car and a few people roll the dice on staying out.... it works out ok for some but not great for others.

Lando had no chance against Max after the restart, and I doubt anyone else would have either. But with the complete lack of degradation on the tires those that stayed out were in decent shape, but as the laps clicked down and it became clear they had no second safety car early enough to save them, they had to bail and pit.

From Leclerc down to Russel they seemed stable in their positions, with not much chance of changing places short of mistakes. I'm shocked that Leclerc was able to pull off fastest lap after such a long stint on the hards, but he took the point away from Lewis. Solid drives from this group though, not much to watch because they all stayed on the game and pace differences were too close.

As for Lewis, the duel between him and Lando was good to watch, and I thought for sure Lewis would get him. But the strength of the Merc in a straight line couldn't overcome the strength of the McLaren though those high speed twisties.

I think Magnussen got a bit screwed on penalties there, both of them. But he still pulled off a good rear gunner job and helped give Hulk some space to get in the points without threat.

As for Bearman, all things considered I do think he deserved DOTD. With just that practice session and qually, he did a really good job. For that matter he almost got into Q3, and considering the experience and time in the car, no small feat. He wasn't a pushover and attacked in the early laps, then settled in and brought home some points for Ferrari. Considering his tire choice, the safety car might have helped a little, but really the soft wasn't much better than the medium that most started on. Well done for him, and I'm sure he just upped his value for future seats.

15. Likes: Matthew (10th March 2024),Mia 01 (10th March 2024)