Quote Originally Posted by becher View Post
As in an older batch of Pirellis was stronger?
Yes, the newer ones last year were K4B(/K6B), but the previous ones were K4A/K6A. Just a different version of the tyre but not sure if the exact differences.

Minesh bought a load of tyres in 2021 but then had issues very early on, then restarted Sunday and went off. So had lots left for 2022 (they kicked us out the WRC event into the KNRC event as we hadn’t ordered new ones, it was only due to my last minute plea to Timo Rautinen that it got sorted and we were reinstated).
Then last year we retired after SS3, got car repaired and put into parc ferme to restart - were just about to leave but got called in to speak to scrutineers who told us to speak to Pirelli, who eventually agreed they were fine (but it isn’t anything to do with them?), then I had a long long discussion with the FIA depute technical delegate who kept insisting that we couldn’t use the older tyres, eventually he looked up the regulations and must have realised that I was right, but he didn’t want to admit it. Then made me stand in the rain for 2 hours before I got a message from the CRO saying we were ok to restart