Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Liked 810 Times in 426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Morte66 View Post
    I'm sorry to say I'm just not very taken with the "safari rally" so far, and I'm not sure what the fuss is about. It's flat, drab, starts at 5 a.m. my time, the WRC2 drivers I want to watch don't enter it, there may have been financial irregularities, and it appears to depend more on cleaning/punctures/rocks than car and driver.

But... I wasn't going to watch the gravel rallies this year, and I'm watching Kenya because it comes free in a one-month sub to cover Croatia. So perhaps it's my own fault.
    Theres nothing wrong with Safari. Pictures/scenery which they broadcast are awesome. Cars are awesome. Its just that competition sucks.

2. Likes: J4MIE (30th March 2024)
    Liked 660 Times in 319 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauri_J View Post
    Theres nothing wrong with Safari. Pictures/scenery which they broadcast are awesome. Cars are awesome. Its just that competition sucks.
    Safari's of the past there were MINUTES between each car in the leaderboard after Day 1. Welcome to this format of rally, that everyone says they want more of!

Just the other day the President said the drivers had asked for a 5 day event. Imagine the gaps if that was to be the case!

Everyone always likes ideas, but never the reality around here.....

4. Likes: becher (30th March 2024),J4MIE (30th March 2024),steve.mandzij (30th March 2024)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Tänak will get into the points with afternoon and Serderidis in 8th is 6 minutes away. In the morning he took 5 minutes back from Serderidis

So he definitely has a target at least
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 39 Times in 14 Posts
    Sleeping Warrior's broadcast should focus on the muddy bit at the beginning. We didn't see how top guys tackled the mud and hairpin corner.

Liked 177 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndersX View Post
    Just watch how WDC moulds up around the driver who is destained to earn it - small things that go right way, small "luck" moments etc. This is Thierry year! After 57 seasons he is finally on the track to become a champion - it comes his way. Lets hope he does not f.... it up.
    I always think about this at the start of the season but then he crash out in bad situation and its lost.. lets hope this year will be different

Liked 810 Times in 426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    Safari's of the past there were MINUTES between each car in the leaderboard after Day 1. Welcome to this format of rally, that everyone says they want more of!

Just the other day the President said the drivers had asked for a 5 day event. Imagine the gaps if that was to be the case!

Everyone always likes ideas, but never the reality around here.....
    Back then they could get that time back because they were running over 1000km. Now, no chance.

But I think we have to let it go, WRC will never be the same. We aint seeing drivers changing steering arms in the middle of the stage etc.

Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
    I enjoyed it so far but I would enjoy it more if rally.tv let me watch replays of stages I missed. Terrible streaming.

Neuville started day 4th and is now 2nd. Evans was 2nd and is now 5th. I would say championship battle is competitive. Tanak started this season badly but with 10 rallies to go, his chances aren't over yet. With new format he can compensate friday's bad luck quite nicely tomorrow.

Rovanpera not cruising despite big lead which is risky. I like it.

Maybe people just love to complain...

10. Likes: becher (30th March 2024),Corcaíoch (30th March 2024)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Where’s the rain?
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 2,130 Times in 925 Posts
    Another thing that is making driving interesting.. Jarveoja struggled with the door at start and now again was messing with it.. seems like it doesn't want to stay 100% locked

E: and now car full of dust
    Last edited by TypeR; 30th March 2024 at 10:24.

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Watch Tänak with the FX cam in SS4 some wild moments!
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net