Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyest View Post
    Well, i get it, but a driver with his experience and knowledge on tarmac shouldnt almost get piped by Munster who is miles away from him with experience and seat time
    We should look separately at overall experience (which is of course valuable), and experience during last year. He is not talented like Loeb or Ogier.

Liked 27 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    just compare him to munster, who has done less km's on tarmac than mikkelsen.

Mikkelsen looks like a paydriver so far this season.
    Has Munster done fewer km's on tarmac than Mikkelsen in R1?

Liked 488 Times in 188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Can’t follow this week. Why so bad times from Tänak so far?
    He says that the car feels very nervous, making handling quite challenging. Additionally, the road conditions are getting worse car by car, further complicating matters for the car. In a high-speed tarmac rally characterized by lots of elevation changes, the time loss is very easy to come.

Quote Originally Posted by flat_right View Post
    He says that the car feels very nervous, making handling quite challenging. Additionally, the road conditions are getting worse car by car, further complicating matters for the car. In a high-speed tarmac rally characterized by lots of elevation changes, the time loss is very easy to come.
    I see also Mikkelsen with many corrections, the car seems twitchy...

Liked 488 Times in 188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    I assume just the dirt due to his road position. except for fourmeaux, the current standings are exactly like the start position.
    Ogier comes after Tänak and is 3rd.

Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    So far, Neuville has achieved a really valuable "road-position trophy" for his good start of the season.

7. Likes: EstWRC (19th April 2024),Jewy46 (19th April 2024),Morte66 (19th April 2024),tonirali (19th April 2024)
    Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackie View Post
    Has Munster done fewer km's on tarmac than Mikkelsen in R1?
    No, i was wrong.

They have both done monte and now croatia, but mikkelsen has also done the Rally Regione Piemonte (rally di alba) last week.
    But i forgot that munster has done the central european rally last year, so he has a bit more km's on tarmac, although some longer time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    So far, Neuville has achieved a really valuable "road-position trophy" for his good start of the season.
    This will be a penalty later on.

10. Likes: Morte66 (19th April 2024),tonirali (19th April 2024)
    Liked 140 Times in 49 Posts
    This is Neuville year; just note those small things that turns to his way, even weather. I hope TN has what it takes to beat Evans for the title ( Tanak so far has not performed as someone who actually has a shot on the title; no signs of any fight either; i hope i am wrong about him, though).

Liked 290 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndersX View Post
    This is Neuville year; just note those small things that turns to his way, even weather. I hope TN has what it takes to beat Evans for the title ( Tanak so far has not performed as someone who actually has a shot on the title; no signs of any fight either; i hope i am wrong about him, though).
    First rallies have been dissapointing for Tänak yes, but i wouldnt say he doesnt have a shot at the title just yet, He never has been as strong on tarmac as Neuville or Evans, and the gravel rallies where he has a starting position advantage are just coming

13. Likes: EstWRC (19th April 2024),Morte66 (19th April 2024)