Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    Niki Lauda: “The secret is to win going as slowly as possible”

Some say it was Fangio and Lauda was just quoting.
    That’s it. I was convinced it was Moss saying “The aim is to win by finishing in the least amount of time but as as slowly as possible”

2. Likes: AndyRAC (20th February 2024)
    Liked 92 Times in 55 Posts
    This new pointsystem is a joke. Just really makes the whole sport look small time lol. It really reeks of panic when no idea what to do really.

4. Likes: AndyRAC (20th February 2024),PLuto (20th February 2024)
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by masa90 View Post
    This new points system is a joke. Just really makes the whole sport look small time lol. It really reeks of panic when no idea what to do really.
    It's yet another poor decision by those in charge; they don't appear to understand the fundamental principles of the sport. When the runner up gets more points than the winner, then you know the sport has a problem.....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    They could have easily stopped cruising without messing up the entire points system. just give everyone new tyres for the powerstage and give one point extra for every stage won.

Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    Elfyn Evans opinion is still unchanged:

“I still don’t think it’s right,” said Evans. “EP’s won today and he has a load less points than I do. Whatever the circumstances, I don’t think that’s right.

“So even though I’ve come out all right with the new points system, I’m still not an advocate for it.”

8. Likes: Corcaíoch (20th February 2024),PLuto (20th February 2024),TWRC (20th February 2024)
    Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    Why not end sunday? Make rallies flexible and with end in saturday. A full day to end will avoid cruising.

Liked 177 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_right View Post
    I think this has been suggested here before that I really like Power Sunday idea. It would be like the year before but instead of pushing just on the last stage, we would have multiple stages, where the drivers who want, can drive for points.

So the overall would be 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1 and for Power Sunday, it would be 7-5-3-2-1 (or make it 6 instead of 7, if we don't want that 2nd can get the same amount as the winner). So the maximum that the second place can get is 18+7=25.
    What is wrong with this? Why not just realize this think.. This is even better than last year's system.

Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Why not end sunday? Make rallies flexible and with end in saturday. A full day to end will avoid cruising.
    the only system that will stop cruising is rewarding points for every stage. if the gaps are big enough they cruise on saturday too. Hell, they will even cruise even on friday if they had some problem and are minutes behind.

But I agree that we could end most rallies on saturday evening. The amount of km's they do can easily be pushed into 2 days. ypres used to do 290+ km's in 1,5 days. Sunday adds mostly nothing but costs.

Quote Originally Posted by CeskyOndra View Post
    What is wrong with this? Why not just realize this think.. This is even better than last year's system.
    It's much better than the system they have invented now.
    But why stop at giving points for sunday alone? why not give 9 points for friday, 9 for saturday and 7 for sunday?
    Last edited by denkimi; 20th February 2024 at 12:08.

Liked 265 Times in 164 Posts
    I was wondering some things. I know you guys will be all against it but in reality it's quite simple solution...

I think that stages needs a mass reduction. Just look how close the times are. And that mean more battles in theory. I would maybe reduce competitive stages to around 10-15 kilometres for about 70% events on the calendar. That still don't need to mean that overall competitive stage distance would not be reduced so masively, they could add few more, add super specials like red barn area here in Sweden for example. Still could keep marathone events like Kenya, so the legendary aspect would be still there.

Maybe it would reduce AllLive challenges, could add more cameramans to the corners, drones, helicopters flying on less radius, better signal strenght for coverage, less safety risks.

Drivers would push more and we could get more action, because any second could count. Less mechanical faults, maybe less punctures.

Point system could be revert to 2023, and drivers could get new tires for PS.

I know that rallying needs a survival aspect too, it's all build around that too, but times change and I think that this could still be achieved with Kenya for example extendind their routes. One thing also, there is a championship and one event which is popular in marathone world, W2RC and Dakar. There is circuit racing series, and rallying is somewhere between.

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    I was wondering some things. I know you guys will be all against it but in reality it's quite simple solution...

I think that stages needs a mass reduction. Just look how close the times are. And that mean more battles in theory. I would maybe reduce competitive stages to around 10-15 kilometres for about 70% events on the calendar. That still don't need to mean that overall competitive stage distance would not be reduced so masively, they could add few more, add super specials like red barn area here in Sweden for example. Still could keep marathone events like Kenya, so the legendary aspect would be still there.

Maybe it would reduce AllLive challenges, could add more cameramans to the corners, drones, helicopters flying on less radius, better signal strenght for coverage, less safety risks.

Drivers would push more and we could get more action, because any second could count. Less mechanical faults, maybe less punctures.

Point system could be revert to 2023, and drivers could get new tires for PS.

I know that rallying needs a survival aspect too, it's all build around that too, but times change and I think that this could still be achieved with Kenya for example extendind their routes. One thing also, there is a championship and one event which is popular in marathone world, W2RC and Dakar. There is circuit racing series, and rallying is somewhere between.
    And in the final we can make one stage 6 kms long. Every competitor will do it four times on Friday in one direction, four times on Saturday in opposite direction and on Sunday they will go twice in first direction with added some artificial chicanes. Every competitor will fight for every tenths of seconds, push all the time. All live should have camera every 200m, spectators on site will see the cars all the time, service area can be between all stages, so cars will be more reliable. So for show this is the best format. But I am not sure if there will be competitors (and spectators) willing to see it...