Page 63 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Oliver taking loads of seconds on his rivals. Wasn´t he asking for fresh tyres after SS14?
    Guess he weared his tyres more than well.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

2. Likes: Morte66 (17th February 2024)
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Oliver taking loads of seconds on his rivals. Wasn´t he asking for fresh tyres after SS14?
    Guess he weared his tyres more than well.
    The Toyota guys behind him were in direct fight all day. He had a comfortable position after yesterday and he used it perfectly.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

4. Likes: Morte66 (17th February 2024)
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    So long. See ya tomorrow...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 713 Times in 337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    You almost cursed him.

I don’t get it why he was coming there so fast

Seems that some learning still has to be done
    He said in the interview at the end he thought that Munster was off in the corner before so I presume he assumed Munster had got the car out and then realised too late that he was still in the bank at the next corner. He turned it in really early to miss Munster and was amazingly lucky!

Liked 713 Times in 337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubled1978 View Post
    He said in the interview at the end he thought that Munster was off in the corner before so I presume he assumed Munster had got the car out and then realised too late that he was still in the bank at the next corner. He turned it in really early to miss Munster and was amazingly lucky!
    To be fair he was also really lucky to miss Tanak on Friday when Tanak was nearly stopped on the exit of a fast corner after his crash.

Liked 191 Times in 108 Posts
    Fun day.

Didn't get what I wanted in WRC1, Evans passing Fourmaux, because Fourmaux did well and Evans hit a snowbank on a cut and got snow in his intake. But he ~halved the gap to 16.7s and tomorrow is 60km, so it's still on.

I did get what I wanted in WRC2, Pajari in 2nd place. Only by 0.2 seconds, but ahead is ahead.

I imagine there will be all sorts of dizzying tactical considerations tomorrow, what with Sunday points, power stage points, and people who have Schrodinger points from Saturday to protect. It makes my head spin like a car with no studs on the back tyres.

Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts
    Great rally by Fourmaux. I expected Evans to catch him today, but he held on. Now the most important thing, to bring it home.
    Very good from Lappi too, he had good road position and 2-3 key retirements, but he has always been up there and hasn't put a wheel wrong so far.

Liked 177 Times in 108 Posts
    Lets see If Tanak can get more points than Evans or Neuville tomorrow. I dont know how much will road position play a role here, probably not so much because of low temperatures. If Neuville will get more points than Evans and Tanak, then he will has just a perfect weekend from first on the road.

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    At this point and based only on expected entertainment value, who wants the old points system back?
    I want the old points system back, this new one is stupid. Or rather make better version (like discussed before in different thread).

12. Likes: becher (17th February 2024),seb_sh (17th February 2024),Sso (19th February 2024),Typ85 (18th February 2024)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CeskyOndra View Post
    Lets see If Tanak can get more points than Evans or Neuville tomorrow. I dont know how much will road position play a role here, probably not so much because of low temperatures. If Neuville will get more points than Evans and Tanak, then he will has just a perfect weekend from first on the road.
    Tänak lost 40 secs to fastest and was only 6th fastest today

Yes tomorrow he has Taka in front of him but that isn’t enough for surely.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -