Page 83 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
    Liked 191 Times in 108 Posts
    Since we haven't discussed rules enough yet...

What about Neuville's position change with Evans? He kept the new running order the next day. It possibly kept Evans behind Formaux on Saturday costing 2 WDC/WCC points.

I'm sure it wasn't deliberate. But, now that it's happened, I wonder whether somebody might be tempted to do it deliberately in future.

I think the authorities should get ahead of that.
    Last edited by Morte66; 18th February 2024 at 12:43.

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wwbroe View Post
    Hyundai does win the two first rally's of the season
    First time ever they achieve that feat, it's also nice to see a different driver other than Tänak or Neuville win with Hyundai (yes Sordo won but that was 3+ years ago). Great to see Lappi back on the top step of the podium, it has been too long! The scoring system is messed up but we'll now have 6 (almost) weeks to discuss it and in 2 weeks we'll see the 'results' of the survey.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

3. Likes: becher (18th February 2024),EstWRC (18th February 2024),Rallyper (18th February 2024)
    Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Morte66 View Post

What about Neuville's position change with Evans? He kept the new running order the next day. It possibly kept Evans behind Formaux on Saturday costing 2 WDC/WCC points.

I'm sure it wasn't deliberate. But, now that it's happened, I wonder whether somebody might be tempted to do it deliberately in future.

i don't understand why he didn't do it deliberately after or even before the first stage. he won the lost time back in just one stage.

Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    Can't wait for when the Saturday leader gets a puncture on the first stage of Sunday changes a wheel losing 2 and a half minutes, then wins the PS and goes home with most points while finishing P6 overall. Better have your fire suit handy.
    I didn't invent this system or implement it. I don't have to defend it, it isn't perfect. No system is else there wouldn't have been change. But I'm stuck with it, same as you are, and I'm trying to make reason out of it whilst leaving the whining to others, spare the odd sarcasm post in return. Doon asked a reasonable question, I tried to answer reasonably.
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    At least with this points system the best overall driver during the whole rally got the most points (Evans), not the guy who mainly benefitted from a great road position (Lappi).

7. Likes: Ds3 (18th February 2024),WRCStan (18th February 2024)
    Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Hey! I have no complaints if Lappi got his 25 points plus points for Sunday. Now he got only 18 points for victory. Here we have the big fault, guys.

You have the old pointscoring system for o/a rally. AND points for Sunday only, plus PS points.

Do that and I will not protest.

As it is now it´s disaster.
    May I ask, without wanting to appear like I'm defending this system...

Thierry's win on pace pushed to the end in Monte, and Lappi's win in Sweden helped by road position and the attrition...

Are/should they be equally rewarded in the championship, not detracting from deservedness of the win?

9. Likes: Ds3 (18th February 2024)
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    The general consensus on X is about 10-1 against the new points system...

https://x.com/OfficialWRC/status/175...300656256?s=20

Liked 191 Times in 108 Posts
    So...

Evans drove hard and fast on all days and was rewarded with top points. I think he possibly drove ever-so-slightly too hard because he had quite a lot of hard knocks on snowbanks.

Lappi was handed the rally victory on a plate and didn't throw it away. He looked like a safe pair of hands, which is what Hyundai will want from their third driver, so good job.

Neuville did very well under the circumstances. He drove hard and fast, and didn't blow it. He looks very strong so far this season.

Fourmaux got third place on a plate. But he didn't blow it either, and he absolutely earned the 2nd on Saturday.

Rovanpera, Tanak and Katsuta blew it.

Munster has driven every stage of every rally, which is a success in his separate world.

Bertelli beat four Rally 1 drivers who were entered for points and had fun doing it. So that's a success in his world, too.

12. Likes: Corcaíoch (18th February 2024),Ds3 (18th February 2024),Rallyper (18th February 2024)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    I didn't invent this system or implement it. I don't have to defend it, it isn't perfect. No system is else there wouldn't have been change. But I'm stuck with it, same as you are, and I'm trying to make reason out of it whilst leaving the whining to others, spare the odd sarcasm post in return. Doon asked a reasonable question, I tried to answer reasonably.
    Sorry, I didn't intend to be negative to you personally or directly. Put it a different way, if you dislike the current whining, be prepared, it will probably get worse. Out of curiosity, I checked twitter where people reply directly the the official account posts and I believe I'm not exagerating when I say 90% of posts are negative and, being twitter, a lot more rude than here.

14. Likes: WRCStan (18th February 2024)
    Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Morte66 View Post

Stuff like this happened unashamedly deliberate in the past, I think there is a video of Burns having a "puncture". I don't get the uproar of the media and Evans about a technical problem, even if it would have been tactics it wouldn't be something unheard of.

16. Likes: focus206 (18th February 2024),Morte66 (18th February 2024)