Page 82 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
    Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doon View Post
    So, in the end Lappi 19pts for 1st. Evans 24pts for 2nd. This is some weird evolution of rallying to gain viewers, but it’s not going to work.
    It's a bit premature now, but with further evolution if WRC is a series of tests not a start to finish itinerary, and the rally winner is decided in a different way, it all could be a smart plan in the long run. I don't think this is seen as an end game by anybody.
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi

Liked 167 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    It's a bit premature now, but with further evolution if WRC is a series of tests not a start to finish itinerary, and the rally winner is decided in a different way, it all could be a smart plan in the long run. I don't think this is seen as an end game by anybody.
    Bold of you to assume they are thinking more than 2 weeks ahead

Liked 178 Times in 78 Posts
    One thing I don’t understand, maybe someone can explain this, I keep hearing that the points system makes it more exciting on Sunday because the drivers don’t cruise for their current position. However, I was led to believe that the points scored on Saturday were only banked on the provision that a car finishes all of Sunday’s stage? So, surely if you score big on Saturday, you won’t take many risks on Sunday?

4. Likes: becher (18th February 2024),seb_sh (18th February 2024),WRC1 (18th February 2024)
    Liked 265 Times in 164 Posts
    This points have nothing to do with pushing on sundays. In reality only 3 drivers do have a chance for the title this year. So who exactly will push on sundays, besides them... if there is a chance? No one. If you compare the times of Monte and Sweden this year, you will all see, that Monte was more close in time battles than Sweden. So this sunday pushing is more about how all the drivers enter last day of rally, with what margin. I think that M-Sport guys, Katsuta, Hyundai, Toyota part-timers and drivers who rent rally1 cars will never push on sunday as they don't need to.

The biggest problem is maybe just reward more points overall or sunday points needs to be reduced. Or completely abandon the stupid idea.

But the stories this weekend. I just hope that promotor will realize that this need to be released to the whole world. Make many articles, videos, interviews, bloopers, expose more than rally1 category, brands, sponsors, drivers, co-drivers, mechanics, teams, key people... bring rallying to the world like they deserve in 2024. And fix the damn issues with All Live. It's about time.

6. Likes: Eli (18th February 2024),PLuto (18th February 2024),seb_sh (18th February 2024)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kras View Post
    Bold of you to assume they are thinking more than 2 weeks ahead
    Some things seem inevitable when you zoom out and take in the bigger picture even if they're not thinking it. Still, I'd rather be bold than foolish to believe in touring itineraries having a future.

Quote Originally Posted by Doon View Post
    One thing I don’t understand, maybe someone can explain this, I keep hearing that the points system makes it more exciting on Sunday because the drivers don’t cruise for their current position. However, I was led to believe that the points scored on Saturday were only banked on the provision that a car finishes all of Sunday’s stage? So, surely if you score big on Saturday, you won’t take many risks on Sunday?
    Depends on the dynamics of the rally and targets. If Saturday's points are enough for you and you don't mind X number of drivers taking your position that could sense. But if championship points are important why would you stop there? If Lappi is the example, his target was the rally win, and old and new points made no difference to his approach as he had the margin.

This conversation is going to be had again and again for the rest of the season with different dynamics appearing.

Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    This points have nothing to do with pushing on sundays. In reality only 3 drivers do have a chance for the title this year. So who exactly will push on sundays, besides them... if there is a chance? No one. If you compare the times of Monte and Sweden this year, you will all see, that Monte was more close in time battles than Sweden. So this sunday pushing is more about how all the drivers enter last day of rally, with what margin. I think that M-Sport guys, Katsuta, Hyundai, Toyota part-timers and drivers who rent rally1 cars will never push on sunday as they don't need to.

The biggest problem is maybe just reward more points overall or sunday points needs to be reduced. Or completely abandon the stupid idea.
    It's a good point but bring the Manufacturers' championship in for some added spice. It's where the other drivers come in.

10. Likes: Humber (18th February 2024)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Depends on the dynamics of the rally and targets. If Saturday's points are enough for you and you don't mind X number of drivers taking your position that could sense. But if championship points are important why would you stop there? If Lappi is the example, his target was the rally win, and old and new points made no difference to his approach as he had the margin.

This conversation is going to be had again and again for the rest of the season with different dynamics appearing.
    Can't wait for when the Saturday leader gets a puncture on the first stage of Sunday changes a wheel losing 2 and a half minutes, then wins the PS and goes home with most points while finishing P6 overall. Better have your fire suit handy.

If they want to change the format then fine but do it in a less stupid way. There were plenty of ways to have a better system.

12. Likes: becher (18th February 2024),Eli (18th February 2024),focus206 (18th February 2024),Mirek (18th February 2024),PLuto (18th February 2024),WRC1 (18th February 2024)
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Hey! I have no complaints if Lappi got his 25 points plus points for Sunday. Now he got only 18 points for victory. Here we have the big fault, guys.

You have the old pointscoring system for o/a rally. AND points for Sunday only, plus PS points.

Do that and I will not protest.

As it is now it´s disaster.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

14. Likes: Eli (18th February 2024),Humber (18th February 2024),PLuto (18th February 2024),seb_sh (18th February 2024)
    Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    I don't understand why we even have a powerstage now if there are already points for sunday.

16. Likes: BleAivano (18th February 2024),Humber (18th February 2024),WRCStan (18th February 2024)