Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    1550nok if you want a physical pass 1250 for e-ticket, that's crazy with the itinerary this year.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    1550nok if you want a physical pass 1250 for e-ticket, that's crazy with the itinerary this year.
    Crazy price.. + seems that physical pass will be printed on gold paper

Liked 140 Times in 49 Posts
    The same with spectating: to drive from Stockholm - too long, to fly or train - too complicate on the place; roads are far far away from Varmlads and Nor border roller coasters. At the same time, just 2h drive from Stockholm, near Gavle is real winter wonderland this year. Umea has no USPs.

Liked 132 Times in 46 Posts
    Do you need to buy the rally passes well in advance or can you purchase in petrol stations etc just before the rally, like Finland?

Strange the physical passes are so much more expensive

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    One thing is money and regulations, but you also see where the most Norwegian drivers are located. That's also where their sponsors were located. Doing Rally Sweden in Värmland&Norway, getting the biggest sponsors to their service park, VIP'ing them around (as VIP as you can make it as a Rally2/Rally3/Rally4 privateer), it gave the sponsors a reason to chip in a little bit extra. It was worth it. They could drive up after work on Friday, either do a full party on Saturday and sleep of the alcohol on Sunday, or watch rally and service on Saturday, go home again and sleep in their own bed on Saturday night. Perfect.

In Umeć... that's not the case. Solberg in WRC2, Johansson in JWRC. Then there is Reiersen as a one off. That's it with Norwegian-Swedes/Swedes (I claim both Solberg and Reiersen as Norwegians!). With 4 Finns (Manufacturer-drivers in Rally1 not included) it's not really much more Finns than usual either.
    It's just not worth it. It takes a lot more time for everyone involved. It takes 12 hours to drive, in perfect conditions, with no stop from where I live and up to Umeć, and I live closer than many of the Norwegian privateers that have showed up now and again.
    IŽd say big sponsors fly to Umeć. Can be done in one day or at least only one night stay.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Quote Originally Posted by Jewy46 View Post
    Do you need to buy the rally passes well in advance or can you purchase in petrol stations etc just before the rally, like Finland?

Strange the physical passes are so much more expensive
    Seems like only e-ticket from today onwards, nothing at Coop this year.
    You can still get the physical pass but they won't send by mail anymore, you order online and then pick it up at Rally HQ at Umeć Service Park Nolia it says on their FB.

I'Il just get an e-ticket and make myself a fake pass as a souvenir, i save all my passes.
    Last edited by SubaruNorway; 1st February 2024 at 16:40.

7. Likes: Jewy46 (2nd February 2024)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndersX View Post
    The same with spectating: to drive from Stockholm - too long, to fly or train - too complicate on the place; roads are far far away from Varmlads and Nor border roller coasters. At the same time, just 2h drive from Stockholm, near Gavle is real winter wonderland this year. Umea has no USPs.
    One problem is expensive rental cars, i don't know what people have been able to get but I don't dare driving a 2WD up there at least.
    The Audi A4 quattro I've had the last two years was now 13.000kr, in 22 i was 6000kr. Saw a Volvo XC60 at 7000kr
    Flight from Oslo-Stockholm-Umeć 3500kr.
    So I'm driving 10-11 hours starting on Monday night, so had to take next Monday off also, 5 days off work.
    (100 euro = 1135kr)

9. Likes: Jewy46 (2nd February 2024)
    Liked 53 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    One problem is expensive rental cars, i don't know what people have been able to get but I don't dare driving a 2WD up there at least.
    The Audi A4 quattro I've had the last two years was now 13.000kr, in 22 i was 6000kr. Saw a Volvo XC60 at 7000kr
    Flight from Oslo-Stockholm-Umeć 3500kr.
    So I'm driving 10-11 hours starting on Monday night, so had to take next Monday off also, 5 days off work.
    (100 euro = 1135kr)
    I've rented a captur, so if you see a rental captur stuck please help me hahahaha

11. Likes: Jewy46 (2nd February 2024),Lead (2nd February 2024),Rallyper (2nd February 2024)
    Liked 140 Times in 49 Posts
    You have to be creative: fly or take a train to, e.g., Luleć or Sundsvall, take a car there, 3:20 drive and you are in Umeć. I am sure that as these cities are not close to rally, prices have more sense.

Liked 337 Times in 178 Posts
    So this year there wont be possibility to buy rally-pass at the gas stations or Umea service park? So i wont be able to attend stages if I want to pay in cash? Meanwhile they prefer ONLY cash for the parking? Confusing.
    And I have to agree, price this year is really high...

EDIT: And how will they check those e-tickets at the stages? With scanners? I can imagine how long this process will take, for everyone to take out the mobile phone, find a wallet, open the file, scan it ... I think it that will undoubtedly create jams at stage entrencies.
    Last edited by Lead; 5th February 2024 at 10:12.