Page 15 of 95 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Liked 488 Times in 188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndersX View Post
    I think that non-championship contenders can come in, benefit road position and take the spotlight off the real contenders is a long term BS - if WRC allows this, they must implement qualification stage, as in ERC. Now, after brilliant ride in Monte, Terry is punished and everybody is admiring relaxed Kalle and Lappi. This must be changed! What would be result if both relaxing guys would start 1-2?
    Now imagine this. Kalle is driving full season. Wins in Monte, comes to Sweden, wins qualification stage, starts on the best road position. Easily beats everybody (like this year). We will go on gravel... again he will win qualification stage, wins the rally. This would create the most boring championship ever. If you are not as good as Kalle or your car is not Toyota, basically you have no chance to win. For me, it creates some excitement to see if half season drives can keep up the tempo on the next days also. And theoretically, you only have to survive the first loop of the first day. Later, it is harder for everybody (if there are ruts etc).

2. Likes: becher (16th February 2024),Corcaíoch (16th February 2024),Eli (16th February 2024),Morte66 (16th February 2024),PLuto (16th February 2024),seb_sh (16th February 2024),Tauri_J (16th February 2024)
    Liked 98 Times in 52 Posts
    It will be very difficult for Ott to catch Kalle.
    R.I.P.Colin Mcrae

Liked 140 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_right View Post
    Now imagine this. Kalle is driving full season. Wins in Monte, comes to Sweden, wins qualification stage, starts on the best road position. Easily beats everybody (like this year). We will go on gravel... again he will win qualification stage, wins the rally. This would create the most boring championship ever. If you are not as good as Kalle or your car is not Toyota, basically you have no chance to win. For me, it creates some excitement to see if half season drives can keep up the tempo on the next days also. And theoretically, you only have to survive the first loop of the first day. Later, it is harder for everybody (if there are ruts etc).
    There are pros and cons; ERC runs Q for enough long time to make/read some satistical pattern.

Liked 810 Times in 426 Posts
    I think that non-championship contenders can come in, benefit road position and take the spotlight off the real contenders is a long term BS - if WRC allows this, they must implement qualification stage, as in ERC. Now, after brilliant ride in Monte, Terry is punished and everybody is admiring relaxed Kalle and Lappi. This must be changed! What would be result if both relaxing guys would start 1-2?
    Not good for championship. So, No thank you.

Liked 178 Times in 78 Posts
    I know it's the way of the world, but it's such a shame seeing two WRC1 cars being completely wasted when there are so few in the championship, and when Solberg could be fighting at the sharp end in one in Sweden.

I also noticed on WRC TV, Mike Chen said "if Rovenpara was struggling in that stage, then we have a problem on our hands", Kiri said, "well, we'll have an exciting weekend on our hands". I can see Rovenpara winning every stage at this rate, not exciting, very boring weekend. The fact that Rovenpara will come in and win events with ease totally devalues this year's championship.

Liked 98 Times in 52 Posts
    How is the conditions at Norrby?
    R.I.P.Colin Mcrae

Liked 810 Times in 426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doon View Post
    I know it's the way of the world, but it's such a shame seeing two WRC1 cars being completely wasted when there are so few in the championship, and when Solberg could be fighting at the sharp end in one in Sweden.

I also noticed on WRC TV, Mike Chen said "if Rovenpara was struggling in that stage, then we have a problem on our hands", Kiri said, "well, we'll have an exciting weekend on our hands". I can see Rovenpara winning every stage at this rate, not exciting, very boring weekend. The fact that Rovenpara will come in and win events with ease totally devalues this year's championship.
    Like he wasnt winning events with ease last year.

Liked 191 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_right View Post
    I think you're both right, simultaneously, and it's a huge fundamental problem with rallying as a sport.

This is why I usually buy WRC/rallytv for a month before Monte/Sweden, and maybe two more times for tarmac rallies I like throughout the year. But I mostly skip the all-gravel part in the summer, because frankly the running order matters more than the cars and drivers.

Liked 177 Times in 108 Posts
    elfyn quite lucky

Liked 116 Times in 55 Posts
    wow, nice 360 for Evans. Did it non stop, lost probably 2 seconds only. Hope there will be video from outside.