Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Liked 380 Times in 185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    So who won the rally?
    Heck if I know. I honestly never cared or watched anything from ERC until last year ^^, I just remember it, because I initially thought it was cool, and that it would make it a big entry for a rally again. When it didn't happen I didn't care again :P

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    Heck if I know. I honestly never cared or watched anything from ERC until last year ^^, I just remember it, because I initially thought it was cool, and that it would make it a big entry for a rally again. When it didn't happen I didn't care again :P
    ERC version of Rally Catalunya 2022 was won by Bonato - https://rally-base.com/2022/erc-rally-catalunya-2022/

But from beginning it was sure it is nonsense to have WRC and ERC event together. After covid with limited possibilities for events, FIA was pushing to bring WRC to some ERC rounds, it was very close on some of them (for example Liepaja), there was also some pre-agreement for the format, but in the final it failed.

Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fiscorpun View Post
    Someone shared this, its half-interesting: Theres this anual "Sustainable Motorsport Index" released every year and ERC continues to be high on the ranking, only behind FormulaE, ExtremeE, F1, MotoGP and the extinct eWTCC. I know that "Not traveling around the world" counts A LOT, but its interesting to see. WRC is 15° on the list, behind crazy poluted stuff like the European Truck Series and Nascar.... Guess the hybrid engines are not doing much for them? ...the all electric world rallycross is doing EVEN WORST. Thats so weird haha

https://www.sustainablemotorsportind...torsport-index
    Duff link BTW.

It'll always be a box tick exercise whatever the industry, there will be bribes, favours and coverups, it's a load of nonsense really - not to say it doesn't matter.
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi

Liked 98 Times in 56 Posts
    - Dammit, I tried to fix the link but the message was deleted. Using this forum on the smartphone is so terrible haha
    I think the link is fixed now?

==============
    Someone shared this, its half-interesting: Theres this anual "Sustainable Motorsport Index" released every year and ERC continues to be high on the ranking, only behind FormulaE, ExtremeE, F1, MotoGP and the extinct eWTCC. I know that "Not traveling around the world" counts A LOT, but its interesting to see. WRC is 15° on the list, behind crazy poluted stuff like the European Truck Series and Nascar.... Guess the hybrid engines are not doing much for them? ...the all electric world rallycross is doing EVEN WORST. Thats so weird haha

https://www.sustainablemotorsportind...hhmhLMZ5etsJYY

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    - Dammit, I tried to fix the link but the message was deleted. Using this forum on the smartphone is so terrible haha
    I think the link is fixed now?

==============

Without sinking deep into the exact method behind the statistics it shall be taken with a vagon of salt. As any other statistics.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    I think the link is fixed
    Offtopic, but..
    I figured out that if you want to edit the post in smartphone, then first scroll down and click on ,,Full Site'', then (at least for me) the post won't delete right away.

7. Likes: fiscorpun (29th January 2024)
    Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    World Rallysprint Championship 2025

266 km in Sardegna

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post

9. Likes: Eli (30th January 2024)
    Liked 98 Times in 56 Posts
    Tbh a world rally sprint championship would be very cool haha. Especially if they manage to have that same look from those redbull events in Downhill mountain bike.
    I started following WRC because of the World Rallycross in 2014. I fell in love with those cars and they would talk all the time that those were "Rally machines with double the power". I got interested... Here I am, watching WRC for basically 10 years. Gotta grab the YOUNGSTERS where they are hehe

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    I was thinking to go to Sardegna as spectator this year. But with so short and stupid schedule, it is not worth for me to spend money for this comedy. This documents helped me with my choice...

12. Likes: TWRC (31st January 2024)
    Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    How does 25 cars fit into itineraries with all live?

At 3 minute intervals on gravel the 25th is starting 1hr15m after the 1st. Assuming all being covered is desired, with no crossover and WRC2 gets nothing, a typical loop could be 6 hours or more.
    And how do they do it in ERC where 30+ Rally2 cars is a norm in every round?
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!