Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 67 Times in 31 Posts
    A team has a budget, this budget has a percentage to development and tests and a percentage to do 16 rallyes. I think that development leaves more than 50% of the budget, so one more car in 4 or 5 rallyes shoul not be so expensive as Guy Frequelin wants to prove. Maybe an increase of 25% on the cost of the rally, wich means that this 25% in 5 rallyes would be less than visible on the overall budget from Citroen Sport on WRC.

Why 5 rallyes? because on the tarmac rallyes (Germany, Corsica, Catalunya and Irland) Sordo is able to handle the task. So Citroen only needs a gravel driver to 5 rallyes. An extra car in 5 rallyes to help the manufacturers championship (wich was in the past more important to Cirtoen than the drivers champ) would not be a so big effort has Frequelin wants to prove.

But as Animrallye said, Citroen is cutting costs and competition usually is a useless area when the moneys is not much.

Ahhh, the driver: Gardemeister is IMO the best one, very far from all the other candidates.
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM
    A team has a budget, this budget has a percentage to development and tests and a percentage to do 16 rallyes. I think that development leaves more than 50% of the budget, so one more car in 4 or 5 rallyes shoul not be so expensive as Guy Frequelin wants to prove. Maybe an increase of 25% on the cost of the rally, wich means that this 25% in 5 rallyes would be less than visible on the overall budget from Citroen Sport on WRC.

Why 5 rallyes? because on the tarmac rallyes (Germany, Corsica, Catalunya and Irland) Sordo is able to handle the task. So Citroen only needs a gravel driver to 5 rallyes. An extra car in 5 rallyes to help the manufacturers championship (wich was in the past more important to Cirtoen than the drivers champ) would not be a so big effort has Frequelin wants to prove.

But as Animrallye said, Citroen is cutting costs and competition usually is a useless area when the moneys is not much.

Ahhh, the driver: Gardemeister is IMO the best one, very far from all the other candidates.
    And that would be a very good indicator for how the C4 really performs.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I highly doubt Citroen will run a third car unless somebody brings loads of money. Afterall Citroen was the team who pushed for 2-car team at the end of 2003 season, and they refused to run Carlos in 2003 until he got Telefonica backing. It will be nice to see more entries, but there needs to be money first. At the moment, I think Garde or Galli has enough financial backing to convince Citroen.
    Waiting for Subaru to come back to be :champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by koko0703
    I highly doubt Citroen will run a third car unless somebody brings loads of money. Afterall Citroen was the team who pushed for 2-car team at the end of 2003 season, and they refused to run Carlos in 2003 until he got Telefonica backing. It will be nice to see more entries, but there needs to be money first. At the moment, I think Garde or Galli has enough financial backing to convince Citroen.
    koko, what if your nightmare come trough. the third driver could be PETTER Heated discussions at Banbury these days.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Colin Mcrae, last chance maybe
    The biggest rally-forum in Turkey -www.rallivideo.com/forums

Liked 22 Times in 8 Posts
    Had been nice, but's not going to happen!:P
    Rally driver in the Norwegian Rally Championship.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gard
    koko, what if your nightmare come trough. the third driver could be PETTER Heated discussions at Banbury these days.
    As 1.st nominated driver Petter can't change teams in the middle of the year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Petter cannot even test for an other team I think. Like Loeb did last year when he drove for Kronos Citroen and tested for Citroen Sport, which were/are two different teams officially. Petter has to sit out the year and hope for better next year.
    R.I.P. all WRC heroes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bring Carlos!! LOL
    venga matador!

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alleskids
    Petter cannot even test for an other team I think. Like Loeb did last year when he drove for Kronos Citroen and tested for Citroen Sport, which were/are two different teams officially. Petter has to sit out the year and hope for better next year.
    And also Citroen (the official team anyway) weren't a WRC registered team last year so there was no problem.