Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Josti
    Probably. Early Group B cars were mostly still seen in national championships (like Ascona's, Manta's and Quattto's), also the Metro's specially in the British rallies and Rally 037's in Italian ones. The Celica's were leading cars till the late 80's in the Middle East and maybe in Africa too. Those real Supercars like the 205 T16, Quattro S1 and the Delta S4 were either set in storage or were used for the Rallycross championships (take for exampe the European championship were they were still used till the early 90's). At least, this is as far as I know.
    thanks Josti

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Josti
    Probably. Early Group B cars were mostly still seen in national championships (like Ascona's, Manta's and Quattto's), also the Metro's specially in the British rallies and Rally 037's in Italian ones. The Celica's were leading cars till the late 80's in the Middle East and maybe in Africa too. Those real Supercars like the 205 T16, Quattro S1 and the Delta S4 were either set in storage or were used for the Rallycross championships (take for exampe the European championship were they were still used till the early 90's). At least, this is as far as I know.

The RS200 got to cut its teeth in Britain and some European events after Group B was banned as well...

There are some videos of Mark Lovell in a RS200 in the BRC that are incredible.
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L5->R5/CR
    The RS200 got to cut its teeth in Britain and some European events after Group B was banned as well...

There are some videos of Mark Lovell in a RS200 in the BRC that are incredible.
    I think that was 1986 (his championship year). Mark Lovell made a switch to the Sierra Cosworth after the Group B demise. But about the RS200, we all know the Pike's Peak version of the car (Blomqvist). Though, I don't no if that car counts under Group B regulations.

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts

Restoration - Cool

Think it is cool that the old racers are taken care of and people with the right skilsets or wallet are putting them in to shape again.

We see the same trend in Formula cars, where several race series are established for older cars.
    @
    Can the Old Gr B cars be used in any Historic series yet ?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland
    We see the same trend in Formula cars, where several race series are established for older cars.
    @
    Can the Old Gr B cars be used in any Historic series yet ?
    Slowly Sideways is the best example for that I think. Not only Group B, but I think they are competing against eachother. Every year, they are present at the Deutschland Rally, but do several other events too.