Page 14 of 84 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts

2024 WRC News & Rumours

It is possible. Like Fowler said in the interview they won’t have a factory rally2 team but are looking for clients. So if Solberg wants it, he can have it

There will not be an official team with the Rally 2 car?

TF: At least at the moment the main purpose of the car is to sell for the customers to use. And that’s the main target. Of course, there may be some strong contenders who choose to drive a Toyota and that would be really nice. But at the moment there’s no plan to have our own for example.

Source https://www.wrcwings.tech/2023/11/13...oyota-in-2023/
    Last edited by EstWRC; 19th November 2023 at 08:39.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

2. Likes: lluisva555 (21st November 2023)
    Liked 177 Times in 108 Posts
    Kris Meeke has changed his FB profile photo yesterday and now Seb Marshall has finished as a WRC reporter.. Does that mean, that he is going to co-drive Meeke next year in Toyota Rally2?

Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    Now, time for the last moments of the silly season.

For Toyota, we should know very quickly.
    Some rumors about Rovanpera with part-time but doesn’t sound to be the trend.
    Only other question mark could be about renting or offering the 4th car to a youngster (Pajari or Solberg depending on the goal, with a Rally2 program aside) when Ogier is not there… but doesn’t sound to be the trend also.
    However, the most realistic view is that they keep the same team and organization.

For Hyundai, only one question mark, who will share the 3rd car with Lappi and there are a lot of options.
    Suninen would sound the most logical on the trend but his profile is not the most compatible to share a car with Lappi and his results with the Rally1 were average (if we consider he bins the result in Chile). Still, looking at the pros and cons of each option, I think he will be selected.
    Sounds like Hyundai is considering Sordo a bit too old now (and his results were average this year) … but he could have a farewell drive in Portugal in a 4th car.
    Fourmaux was also in the rumors (quite compatible with Lappi) but his Japan outing may have end this opportunity; Rossel could have been compatible in a tarmac style but with no Rally1 experience and not a skyrocketing season, I don’t see Hyundai considering him.
    Mikkelsen could also be a solution but he has never driven a Rally1 and his relations with Hyundai were complicated… however, his profile is a bit more compatible than Suninen’s one for sharing the car with Lappi (different situation than 2023).
    Sounds also complicated for Solberg (not that compatible with Lappi + quite unconsistent still).
    Lindholm sounds out of contention with disappointing results since he joins the team in Rally2.
    I don’t believe in a surprise like Paddon or Munster (and I don’t see the point for Munster to leave M-Sport for a customer-run 4th Hyundai when we saw what happened with 2C).

For M-Sport, well, the question is about which driver could bring some backing to be in. Should be a combination of some guys among this list of candidates: Greensmith, Solberg, Fourmaux, Loubet, Munster. I don’t really see anyone else that could afford the car and having the backing. Loeb’s outings could also be in the mix but may be complex with his job at Dacia developing the Dakar car.
    Serderidis sounds to want to find solutions for a part-time program for Munster (even if personnally, I think he is a limited-talented driver).
    For Loubet, his poor season (2nd one in the last 3 years) may question the backing he benefits from a French guy… maybe a very last opportunity as a part-time driver?
    Solberg, well, the Monster-Red Bull stuff may discard the solution.
    Fourmaux is probably in contention but what happens in Japan will necessarily raise some question in M-Sport management (and the «*he starts back in Super Rally … but finally no*» episode may answer it).
    In this context, I wouldn’t discard Greensmith coming back as a full-season driver if no one else (a bit like in 2021) as there is not anymore conflict with a top driver priority (Tanak).

Liked 357 Times in 192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CeskyOndra View Post
    Kris Meeke has changed his FB profile photo yesterday and now Seb Marshall has finished as a WRC reporter.. Does that mean, that he is going to co-drive Meeke next year in Toyota Rally2?
    He never burnt his bridges with Toyota and his work with the Hyundai Rally 2 car in Portugal this year after Craig's sad demise would put him in good stead for Toyota Rally 2 seat somewhere in '24

Liked 177 Times in 108 Posts
    I was watching season review on Rally.TV while Paul King (one of the comentators) said, that another tall man is going to Hyundai.. And then others said something like "Don't tell any secret to Paul".. So does that mean, that some "tall" driver or co-driver is going to Hyundai?

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Perhaps Seb Marshall will co drive for Meeke?

8. Likes: EstWRC (19th November 2023)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts

2024 WRC News & Rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Perhaps Seb Marshall will co drive for Meeke?
    I was thinking the same thing. I mean with rally2 machine
    Last edited by EstWRC; 19th November 2023 at 11:42.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Yeah. Why not?
    Pajari and Oliver sharing fourth car. And Rally2 car...
    Could be possible outcome.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    There will not be manufacturer team. They will give cars to private teams. I think one team will be for japanese juniors, most probably some finish team. And others will be in private hands, in different teams.

12. Likes: Rallyper (19th November 2023)
    Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    I believe WRC2 will be more interesting than WRC in 2024…