Page 47 of 84 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Just to be clear, apparently the change was discussed at the Baku WMSC meeting and then ratified by the WRC task force.

"World Motor Sport Council discussed the potential for change at its Baku meeting earlier this month, with the WMSC Task Force ratifying both this change and the option for Rally1 cars to run without a hybrid system." (https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/wrcs-...unday-driving/)

Liked 238 Times in 125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CeskyOndra View Post
    For me it is quite good point system, BUT there is ONE BIG ERROR.. WINNING RALLY IS NOT SO VALUABLE NOW.. THATS WRONG!!
    Yeah completely excluding the overall results seems like a bad step. Even some small amount of points for winner or top 3 would fix that.

Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    This is a solution looking for a problem isn't it? Sunday cruising only became a big issue since we got All live right? Cruising through part of a rally (or sometimes even the whole one) was always part of it. I can't comprehend that someone thought that an integral part of pretty much any form of motorsport is such a big problem that they threw the kitchen sink at it and made it so unclear that people working in the sport and hardcore fans struggle to disect how it works.

The other classes still run the normal 3 day format with standardized FIA point system?

4. Likes: focus206 (16th December 2023),steve.mandzij (16th December 2023),the sniper (17th December 2023)
    Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becher View Post
    This is a solution looking for a problem isn't it? Sunday cruising only became a big issue since we got All live right? Cruising through part of a rally (or sometimes even the whole one) was always part of it. I can't comprehend that someone thought that an integral part of pretty much any form of motorsport is such a big problem that they threw the kitchen sink at it and made it so unclear that people working in the sport and hardcore fans struggle to disect how it works.
    I agree. Nobody likes when a rally or a race is predictable towards the end, but that's just how motorsport is. Overcomplicating the scoring system this way is like flooding an entire village because one house is on fire.
    Power Sunday instead of Power stage would have been okay for me. Hell, even Neuville's idea of having a 2 days rally + an independent rallysprint on Sunday - which I don't like - would be better, much clearer to understand for fans, especially who might be attracted to WRC for the first time.
    I hope it will end up working better than expected.

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    i dont understand why you guys take for granted atm that the guy who is first after saturday, will cruise on sunday, at least this is what reflects in the posts so far.

Now they all must speed up on sunday, so they wouldnt loose points against each other or im getting it wrong again?

I just looked at this years Monte results for an example with the new points system

The end result would have been:

Ogier 26 (same amount he got this year with the "old" system)
    Rovanperä 26 (23 in 2023)
    Neuville 20 (17 in 2023)
    Evans 17 (15 in 2023)
    Tänak 13 (14 in 2023)
    Sordo 7 (6 in 2023)
    Katsuta 6 (8 in 2023)
    Lappi 5 (3 in 2023)

The top 4 after saturday was also the fastest top4 on sunday overall. The only man who gained a position was Sordo, he was 7th in this years classification but would have been 6th with the new system.

im not protectin the new idea or anything, like i said, i will wait for couple of rallies but the value of the win isnt that great indeed anymore which is sad.
    Last edited by EstWRC; 16th December 2023 at 16:33.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

7. Likes: Merten (1st January 2024)
    Liked 217 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Rep.of Ireland bids for WRC in 2025...

https://www.limerickpost.ie/2023/12/...1TcjIAPOXI3izI
    A bit more info here from the horses mouth so to speak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGkgXYGHvAs&t=1748s

Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    Hell, even Neuville's idea of having a 2 days rally + an independent rallysprint on Sunday - which I don't like - would be better, much clearer to understand for fans, especially who might be attracted to WRC for the first time.
    Erm...

Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Erm...
    You've read it right.

Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    You've read it right.
    Do you not think the differences here are just the realities of applying that vision?

Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Do you not think the differences here are just the realities of applying that vision?
    No, to me it seems a clumsy and overcomplicated way to apply that vision, a vision that I rate anyway worse than the system we've had so far.