Page 45 of 84 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Liked 167 Times in 94 Posts
    I think the biggest winner here is Katsuta. On Sunday hell compete only with those who also crashed on saturday. If theres 1 other, hell get 6 points, if theres 2, hell get 5 🤣

Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    Overall time counting ends on Saturday evening as stated in regulations. For me that opens the situation that some drivers cars maybe only want to take rally wins (very good and high publicity).
    No, it doesn't say a rally win is decided at Saturday in the regulations. Championship points are decided at Saturday evening, subject to completion of the rally. If you want to win the rally you will probably be rewarded well in the championship.

Newer fans will have fewer troubles understanding this because they won't have to unlearn a start-to-finish classification as contribution to the championship.

3. Likes: Kenneth (16th December 2023)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kras View Post
    I also expect people who lose time to mistakes and punctures on the first day to just cruise on saturday as theres not enought kms to catch up and all it much more probable that some of the guys fighting for saturday points will bin it and you get free points.

These changes are so stupid, it's like a bad joke
    Here you have described zero change.

Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Here you have described zero change.
    Not really. So far this was true for people who lost a lot of time (minutes). They would then cruise till PS and settle for a possibility of 5 points. Now you'll lose 40 seconds and then cruise on saturday and attack 12 points on Sunday.

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    No, it doesn't say a rally win is decided at Saturday in the regulations. Championship points are decided at Saturday evening, subject to completion of the rally. If you want to win the rally you will probably be rewarded well in the championship.

Newer fans will have fewer troubles understanding this because they won't have to unlearn a start-to-finish classification as contribution to the championship.
    You are correct, I could not find the place that says who is the winner of the rally? Fastest by the end of Saturday? The one who gets most points by Sunday evening? Or they have forgotten to mention that to find out the rally winner they summarize the times of Saturday evening and Sunday:/
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Quote Originally Posted by Kras View Post
    Not really. So far this was true for people who lost a lot of time (minutes). They would then cruise till PS and settle for a possibility of 5 points. Now you'll lose 40 seconds and then cruise on saturday and attack 12 points on Sunday.
    Depending if road order and quantity of Sunday starters means anything. You have a point, smaller mistakes than before will be costlier, but I can't see anybody cruising. We'll have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    You are correct, I could not find the place that says who is the winner of the rally? Fastest by the end of Saturday? The one who gets most points by Sunday evening? Or they have forgotten to mention that to find out the rally winner they summarize the times of Saturday evening and Sunday:/
    I don't think they ever did. But interestingly, now that there are no championship points on offer for final classifications (and rally wins), in a championship dead heat situation, final classifications will still be used.

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    I don't think they ever did. But interestingly, now that there are no championship points on offer for final classifications (and rally wins), in a championship dead heat situation, final classifications will still be used.
    And now, what is the final classification you refer to? :P Saturday final? points per event final? etc. confusing...
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

10. Likes: Kras (16th December 2023)
    Liked 490 Times in 244 Posts
    At least now the WRC is dead! Is this David Richards´s idea`? What a stupid decision!

Can't wait for drivers oppinions on this. Should be funny