Page 35 of 84 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Liked 217 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    Oliver has the one thing teambosses look for: natural speed.

It is easier to teach drivers to get to the finish, by holding back, than teaching them to improve their speed limit.

I think we will see Oliver in a Rally1 car in 2024. If it will be fulltime or part time remain to be seen!
    Indeed, it's always been said it's easier to make a fast driver slower than make a slow one fast.......

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    So do we get a announcement from Solberg tomorrow ?

Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    Seems M-sport just runs 1 car for Fourmaux, the second one is for paydrivers, munster do Monte Carlo, lindholm looks for money for some runs.

Loubet to Toyota Rally2-driving some said, i don't know how someone in Toyota picks him over others?

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Well a average former WRC driver or should I say Rally1 driver becomes one of the top drivers when thay step down to lower categories. Somehow thay way ahead of of others even though they are not showing that potential in Rally1 car.
    Look at Greensmith for instance. Slowest guy in Rally1 and suddenly top 3 in Rally2.
    Toyota needs to shine in MC with just 5 cars to accelerate sells so they need drivers with good credentials and so a former Rally1 drivers fit nicely to tha role.

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Taken from facebook, still not confirmed.

"Good news .

Solberg to drive new Toyota Gazzo Racing built Rally2 Yaris in satellite customer teams WRC2 assault in 2024.

Major backing from long term partnership with Monster Energy and factory support from the Finland based Toyota Gazzo Racing World Rally Team outfit will enable Oliver Solberg to have a full season in the brand new GR Yaris Rally2 in 2024. Frenchman Stéphane Lefebvre who makes the switch from years of driving a Citroen will joing as the pair will tackle the opening round of the FIA World Rally Championship at the Rallye Monte-Carlo in January. "

Will Solbergs run the satellite team maybe?

Last edited by Sulland; 11th December 2023 at 07:36.

6. Likes: cali (11th December 2023),Rallyper (11th December 2023)
    Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    Seems M-sport just runs 1 car for Fourmaux, the second one is for paydrivers, munster do Monte Carlo, lindholm looks for money for some runs.

Loubet to Toyota Rally2-driving some said, i don't know how someone in Toyota picks him over others?

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk
    It’s not a question of Toyota choosing a driver; Toyota was always clear is a customer program in Rally2… so it’s just a question of who pays… and still for Toyota, it remains interesting to have good drivers for its beginning and even if I’m skeptical about his potential for a long time, Loubet is a former WRC-3 champion (and don’t forget Greensmith has finished 2nd in the standing this year).

However, I’m surprised of how much people Skoda has lost in such a short period … Lindholm (in the summer) and now Pajari, Solberg, Gryazin, Mikkelsen (special case for the last name)… it’s quite a lot and they keep only Greensmith (if he stays) as a top contender except if they have a rabbit in the hat

Liked 490 Times in 244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny0405 View Post
    However, I’m surprised of how much people Skoda has lost in such a short period … Lindholm (in the summer) and now Pajari, Solberg, Gryazin, Mikkelsen (special case for the last name)… it’s quite a lot and they keep only Greensmith (if he stays) as a top contender except if they have a rabbit in the hat
    Skoda should be worried! If their works team is back and they have drivers like Greensmith, Cais and Joona it will be impossible to beat Toyota drivers.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny0405 View Post
    It’s not a question of Toyota choosing a driver; Toyota was always clear is a customer program in Rally2… so it’s just a question of who pays… and still for Toyota, it remains interesting to have good drivers for its beginning and even if I’m skeptical about his potential for a long time, Loubet is a former WRC-3 champion (and don’t forget Greensmith has finished 2nd in the standing this year).

I would say Lindholm is a special case too.. i guess he jumped to Hyundai for a chance at Rally1.

Maybe time for Skoda to give Meeke a go.. even though he's old he is at least fast and experienced, especially with that car.

I would also pick Martins Sesks.. very fast on fast gravel and a quick learner elsewhere (but i doubt that will happen)

Cais has potential with a regular co-driver and a good test programme. He's also very marketable and they need a new Czech now Kopecky is in his twilight years.

10. Likes: WRC1 (11th December 2023)
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Skoda should be worried! If their works team is back and they have drivers like Greensmith, Cais and Joona it will be impossible to beat Toyota drivers.
    After a decade of Škoda dominance a change would be welcome by most of the rally world I guess. Anyway let them fight and may the better win
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    After a decade of Škoda dominance a change would be welcome by most of the rally world I guess. Anyway let them fight and may the better win
    No need to stress yet. We still dont know the speed or endurance of the newcomer!