Page 33 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    If Skoda is returning to be a factory team next year, could Toksport switch to running the new Yaris Rally2 ?
    Don't think we'll see Toksport back on the same level like we've seen them the last few years..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn 2201123G met Tapatalk

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Ah but would Greensmith and Munster's cars have Red Bull logos, or does that not matter because they don't have energy drink sponsors? It still leaves only one car for a 'team sponsor'.
    Difficult to say it might happen that it will be even more drivers mixing and changing. As a matter of fact a appsence of a star driver opens up opportunities for other young drivers and a chance for Msport to earn some cash. Better opportunity might not happen.

Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    Linnamae had a test with the Skoda Fabia RS Rally2 from Sarrazin Motorsport.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn 2201123G met Tapatalk

Liked 314 Times in 170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by htr View Post
    Green lights in night? more info?
    Attachment 2496 Attachment 2497
    That may not be a true colour. White flourescent lights show green on colour film due to the limited spectrum emitted by the lamp. Your eyes see white because their sensitivity to different frequencies isn't the same as the film sensitivity. You could have the same issue with a digital image if the response spectrum of the ccd is different from the emission spectrum of the led lamp. It isn't unusual to need to change the colour balance in an electronic camera to suit different lighting conditions. Your brain does this automatically with what your eyes receive.

Liked 810 Times in 426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by htr View Post
    Green lights in night? more info?
    Attachment 2496 Attachment 2497
    Better to see road surface. Very important in Monte

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    “I am super-motivated for next year. But what also really motivates me more with Hyundai is the future. You see the guys in the team in the right places now with Cyril [Abiteboul, team principal] and F-X [Demaison, technical director]. Especially F-X. I know him from before and there’s nobody better to build a rally car. I am convinced this will turn into success with the people in the correct positions – for the future, for my future, this is the correct place to be.”

Sensing some awkwardness in posing the question, Mikkelsen takes the lead.

He adds: “When you look back on my Hyundai period last time, it was a disaster on Tarmac. Now, everything is new. As long as the car turns, I’m confident I will be quick.

lol the last sentence made me laugh. As long as the car turns

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/what-...-with-hyundai/
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

7. Likes: dimviii (8th December 2023),Jewy46 (8th December 2023),TWRC (8th December 2023)
    Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    “I am super-motivated for next year. But what also really motivates me more with Hyundai is the future. You see the guys in the team in the right places now with Cyril [Abiteboul, team principal] and F-X [Demaison, technical director]. Especially F-X. I know him from before and there’s nobody better to build a rally car. I am convinced this will turn into success with the people in the correct positions – for the future, for my future, this is the correct place to be.”

Sensing some awkwardness in posing the question, Mikkelsen takes the lead.

He adds: “When you look back on my Hyundai period last time, it was a disaster on Tarmac. Now, everything is new. As long as the car turns, I’m confident I will be quick.

lol the last sentence made me laugh. As long as the car turns

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/what-...-with-hyundai/
    Lol?

The main issue for Tänak, Loeb, Mikkelsen, and even Neuville , was that the car understeered a lot, they had to use the handbrake to make the car turn in. Even in full speed corners.

So, if the car turn in in its natural behavior, and not need to be forced to do it, everyone is happy.

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

9. Likes: Sulland (8th December 2023)
    Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    Mikkelsen on tarmac… well, strange choice.
    It gives a bit the feeling that Hyundai choose the strategy before (1 guy for fast gravel with Lappi, 1 guy for rough gravel, 1 guy for tarmac) and that they have chosen the names (at least for Sordo and Mikkelsen) after that.

For sure, there is no more pure smooth tarmac such as Catalunya and you can take good points by being clever… but Lappi did so in the last 18 months (Ypres/Croatia/Japan).

So let’s see (last time Hyundai did a strange choice in 3rd, they won back-to-back manufacturer title).

And Sordo has added a new driver «*removed*» by Hyundai while he keeps the job (whereas all people thought he was finished): Hanninen, Paddon, Mikkelsen (1st time), Loeb, Solberg and now Suninen.

Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    Other point to be noticed (even if it’s more about WRC-2): Skoda (through Toksport) is losing a lot of people, at least for the top guys of WRc-2
    - Gryazin officially to Citroen
    - Pajari rumors to Toyota (will be 0 car in Devoluy)
    - Lindholm left during summer
    - Mikkelsen goes to RC1 with Hyundai
    - Solberg’s plans uncertain (trying to rent the 4th RC1 Toyota now that it’ll be more available?)
    - from Toksport team, at the moment, sounds only Greensmith are staying with Skoda. Well, and maybe Bulacia but very disappointing in the last two years

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts