Page 19 of 84 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Liked 144 Times in 87 Posts
    https://itgetsfasternow.com/2023/11/...for-wrc-event/

Almost agree whit everything he says!

2. Likes: EstWRC (21st November 2023),Rallyper (21st November 2023),seb_sh (21st November 2023)
    Liked 33 Times in 15 Posts
    Possible stop sunday cruising is random selection one of the sunday stages to power stage points!

Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    What do the crews not contesting the 'WRC1' championship think of this? And what if then, there are only 8 cars doing a "super sunday"? I think it's inevitable something like this happens, but I don't think it particularly fixes anything.

Qualifying solves nothing but personal gain.

Glad he is saying something though.

5. Likes: cali (21st November 2023)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post

Please listen to this man!!!!

The only part I don’t 109% agree is the qualifying stage but it wouldn’t hurt to try it for one season and see how it affects things
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 101 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Please listen to this man!!!!

The only part I don’t 109% agree is the qualifying stage but it wouldn’t hurt to try it for one season and see how it affects things
    Maybe if not stage, why not use shakedown?
    it is mandatory to run it 3 times, but you could do it 5 times if you want.

So first 3 runs is classic shakedown and 4th and 5th runs of shakedown are qualifying. The best of those two is a drivers best qualifying time, an then the fastest driver can choose starting position first.

Just my thoughts...
    MS-RT

8. Likes: AndyRAC (21st November 2023),Eli (21st November 2023),seb_sh (21st November 2023)
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    He's got some interesting ideas; some are good, some I'm not so keen on - but I like some rallies having different formats - Safari/ Monte can/should be longer tests.

What has to be said, is that the current format of events/ calendar aren't working.......

At this moment in time (with 2.5 manufacturers), I'd go for a maximum of 10 events, with a mini break in the summer, like we used to see in the late 90s.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

10. Likes: BleAivano (3rd December 2023),HKSjbg (22nd November 2023)
    Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    I must say I dont like Jonne's ideas. Maybe it is good for TV, but making from rally one "longer rallysprint" will not help so much. Maybe it should make it better for top factory drivers and maybe it should be better in TV, but it can destroy the spirit of rallysport. When I am a spectator and I am going to watch the rally somewhere abroad, I want to see proper rally and full days of action. With this format it should be event worse than current ERC format and I am not sure I would be interested in spend so much money and time to watch only few stages. And same it can be also for "other" competitors - if you are travelling to the rally and spending huge amount of money, you want to enjoy the sport and not only one and half day of competition...

One more thing - and when there will be one superlong day, do you think that people will spend whole day watching all stages there? I dont think so...

12. Likes: BleAivano (3rd December 2023),cali (21st November 2023),Mirek (21st November 2023),Tauri_J (22nd November 2023),the sniper (22nd November 2023)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post

That actually sounds good. I especially like super sunday, leave out the filler and do just 2 runs with aggregate time. For added interest they could be in reverse order for the 2nd run so if for example in the first run some crews have advantage due to road order in the 2nd run the others have advantage so it could end up really close.

Also the idea to have different character events sounds nice too.

Liked 144 Times in 87 Posts
    If a team enters the WRC event, they are obligated to enter the super Sunday, that way all competitors have to start.

Some events which run over more days is also good idea!

Thursday sss, the stadium stages are good show for (also not die hard) fans! Other rallys start on Friday (ceremonial on nice place, also good thing). And than run some evening, night stages!

Remote service, yes please, make those spots the beating heart of the rally! More special stages on Saturday so that fans have more options to go and watch the action. Germany back in the day had 5 stage loops, where it was possible to go and see 3 stages..

Mix surface stages should also make a comeback, Fia , and promotor should see this kind of thing adds to the spectacle.

What these cars are able to do, and what alien like skills these drivers have, you can only really see and feel when standing next to a stage! safety is off course big priority, but fans are allowed nothing anymore these days.

The idea's of Jonne are good baseline to star from!

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    I must say I dont like Jonne's ideas. Maybe it is good for TV, but making from rally one "longer rallysprint" will not help so much. Maybe it should make it better for top factory drivers and maybe it should be better in TV, but it can destroy the spirit of rallysport. When I am a spectator and I am going to watch the rally somewhere abroad, I want to see proper rally and full days of action. With this format it should be event worse than current ERC format and I am not sure I would be interested in spend so much money and time to watch only few stages. And same it can be also for "other" competitors - if you are travelling to the rally and spending huge amount of money, you want to enjoy the sport and not only one and half day of competition...

One more thing - and when there will be one superlong day, do you think that people will spend whole day watching all stages there? I dont think so...
    I'd reduce the number of events to ten and make the whole Sunday a power day.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump