Page 70 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    On a different matter, now they're aiming for 2026-2027: https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/r...2026/10570631/
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 33 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    For me, the best solution with points should be:

- points for general win after Sunday (like in the past, 30-24-21 etc)
    - bonus points for Sunday (no problem if 10-8-6 etc)
    - no points for powerstage
    OR
    - points for overall clasification after Sunday ( like in the past, 20-15-12-10 etc)
    - bonus points for Sunday ( 5-4-3-2-1)
    - points for powerstage (5-4-3-2-1), with no confusion with saturday results!

For example : in case that Ogier lead after saturday ( only 3,3s sec different), even Thierry overall winner, only Sunday winner, and Power stage winner ,both had 27 points, with clear win of Neuville.
    I´m afraid that will be case this season in sure!

3. Likes: seb_sh (30th January 2024)
    Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ik1911 View Post
    OR
    - points for overall clasification after Sunday ( like in the past, 20-15-12-10 etc)
    - bonus points for Sunday ( 5-4-3-2-1)
    - points for powerstage (5-4-3-2-1), with no confusion with saturday results!

For example : in case that Ogier lead after saturday ( only 3,3s sec different), even Thierry overall winner, only Sunday winner, and Power stage winner ,both had 27 points, with clear win of Neuville.
    I´m afraid that will be case this season in sure!
    For me, Sunday is so short that it is not necessary to give bonus points twice...

5. Likes: AndyRAC (1st February 2024),cali (1st February 2024),ipe (30th January 2024),Mirek (30th January 2024),the sniper (30th January 2024)
    Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    For me, Sunday is so short that it is not necessary to give bonus points twice...
    Especially if we take this year's Sardegna stages and distance vs points. Totally unfair.

Fri + Sat = 227km = 18p
    Sun = 39km = 12p

7. Likes: Corcaíoch (30th January 2024),Eli (30th January 2024),ipe (30th January 2024),lancia037 (2nd February 2024),Lead (31st January 2024),philippebugalski (30th January 2024),seb_sh (31st January 2024),the sniper (30th January 2024),ZoomanSP206 (30th January 2024)
    Liked 314 Times in 170 Posts
    Why don't they just add up all the times on all of the rallies and the crew & manufacturer with the lowest total at the end of the season wins. You'd have to give some form of penalty time for stages missed after retirement but they do that already with SR times for those who miss parts of a day anyway, so that's nothing new. OK there might be some "whole rally cruising" at the end of the season if somebody is hours ahead but that kind of happens with points if somebody sews-up the championship with a few rounds to go. It would certainly keep everybody "on-it" at the beginning of the season if every stage second lost was lost from the championship total.

Liked 140 Times in 83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    Especially if we take this year's Sardegna stages and distance vs points. Totally unfair.

Fri + Sat = 227km = 18p
    Sun = 39km = 12p
    Unfair to who exactly? If some drivers started only fri+sat and some only on sun than it would be unfair...
    IT'S EQUAL TO EVERYONE

10. Likes: WRCStan (1st February 2024)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Hyundai will provide a i20 N more tailored to Ott Tanak in Sweden after the team’s new signing battled throttle mapping issues at the World Rally Championship season opener.

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/h...eden/10571238/
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

12. Likes: cali (1st February 2024)
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Hyundai will provide a i20 N more tailored to Ott Tanak in Sweden after the team’s new signing battled throttle mapping issues at the World Rally Championship season opener.

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/h...eden/10571238/
    "Hyundai team principal Cyril Abiteboul admitted he was concerned by the engine dramas his team suffered in Monte Carlo, but also believed Tanak’s driving style contributed to the 2019 world champion’s struggles in adapting to the i20 N."

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Many people have agreed that points system is way too complicated. One fun fact was that if someone is ending on the same points after Monte, who is starting first in Sweden? Previously it was based on previous rally position/points.. but now there are no more position points in general, so what, just based on general standings, standings that will not give you points?

I would repeat one solution, maybe easiest way again (Pluto, I know that promoter does not care, but it makes things more fun).
    1. You give the points exactly the same like before. Same points on Sunday overall classification.
    2. Sunday first 1-3 stages (depends on how many stages are before) run as qualification for Powerstage. The one who is leader before powerstage will run as last on the road. The others behind may select their starting positions based on Sunday results (best time chooses first, worst time chooses last). This selection can be done during this very long regroup and can be presented as proper show
    Now everybody must push from morning till evening on Sunday

About tyre saving in Monte, most of the WRC crews started it in SS1, or even on SD :P
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

15. Likes: cali (2nd February 2024),Paul Hudson (1st February 2024),seb_sh (1st February 2024),ZoomanSP206 (1st February 2024)
    Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    Many people have agreed that points system is way too complicated. One fun fact was that if someone is ending on the same points after Monte, who is starting first in Sweden? Previously it was based on previous rally position/points.. but now there are no more position points in general, so what, just based on general standings, standings that will not give you points?

I would repeat one solution, maybe easiest way again (Pluto, I know that promoter does not care, but it makes things more fun).
    1. You give the points exactly the same like before. Same points on Sunday overall classification.
    2. Sunday first 1-3 stages (depends on how many stages are before) run as qualification for Powerstage. The one who is leader before powerstage will run as last on the road. The others behind may select their starting positions based on Sunday results (best time chooses first, worst time chooses last). This selection can be done during this very long regroup and can be presented as proper show
    Now everybody must push from morning till evening on Sunday

About tyre saving in Monte, most of the WRC crews started it in SS1, or even on SD :P
    One more note. I know it it happening in ERC, but now I have seen in WRC - in fact nobody is interested who is winner of powerstage. On final podium after powerstage they are always presenting mainly top three of the event. Thus they need to start in last stage in reverse order of general classification - to have winner of the rally as the last car on the start.

And to your question regarding who will start first, no matter the stupid points system, if there are drivers with same amount of points, better is still driver who finished whole rally on better position. So at least some small reward for being good in final results...

17. Likes: cali (2nd February 2024)