Page 43 of 84 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    There are going to be messes that they will need to sort out by tweaking the rules going forwards. It won't seem very fair for example if one driver wins legs 1&2 then retires with a technical failure on the final stage with zero points and another bins it on SS1 but does well on the Sunday and takes home up to 12 points.

Liked 101 Times in 43 Posts
    So championship leader, on friday, gravel rally as he starts first on the road, has almost no chance for friday win?
    So the rules are still punishing championship leader by sweeping the road.
    MS-RT

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    I dont know, First rally is monte Carlo Rally, you really want to win this rally, so, you push as hell until Saturday night, you run out of right tyres, but you won the rally. Now you go to Sunday to just complete the race. You run all the day with wrong tyres, you are as slow as hell, other cars are catching you stage and you are the winner at the top of the Col de Turini, looks very nice? and finally it comes out that second place finisher takes the biggest amount of points from the rally, but no, he is the first looser.. who is going to Sweden to clean the road.. you are maybe third on the road, win again on Saturday evening, doing slowly on Sunday as you ran out of good new spiked tyres in Sweden.. and someone else is collecting again more points.. but you won the rally.. Finally, you can win all the rallies of the year, but not winning the championship? This in my view is nonsense.. they should still take overall time of the rally and just award extra points for Sunday if they really want, but why to make these kinds of confusions?
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

4. Likes: becher (16th December 2023),PLuto (16th December 2023),seb_sh (16th December 2023),WRC1 (16th December 2023)
    Liked 810 Times in 426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    There are going to be messes that they will need to sort out by tweaking the rules going forwards. It won't seem very fair for example if one driver wins legs 1&2 then retires with a technical failure on the final stage with zero points and another bins it on SS1 but does well on the Sunday and takes home up to 12 points.
    That is rallying/motosport, a crash or technical failure could happen on any stage, be it ss2 or ss22.

But now that you mentioned it we might get saturday cruising.

Quote Originally Posted by Managarium View Post
    So championship leader, on friday, gravel rally as he starts first on the road, has almost no chance for friday win?
    So the rules are still punishing championship leader by sweeping the road.
    What in the hell is a friday win?

Liked 101 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauri_J View Post
    What in the hell is a friday win?
    OK
    The fastest driver on friday.
    MS-RT

Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    I dont know, First rally is monte Carlo Rally, you really want to win this rally, so, you push as hell until Saturday night, you run out of right tyres, but you won the rally. Now you go to Sunday to just complete the race. You run all the day with wrong tyres, you are as slow as hell, other cars are catching you stage and you are the winner at the top of the Col de Turini, looks very nice? and finally it comes out that second place finisher takes the biggest amount of points from the rally, but no, he is the first looser.. who is going to Sweden to clean the road.. you are maybe third on the road, win again on Saturday evening, doing slowly on Sunday as you ran out of good new spiked tyres in Sweden.. and someone else is collecting again more points.. but you won the rally.. Finally, you can win all the rallies of the year, but not winning the championship? This in my view is nonsense.. they should still take overall time of the rally and just award extra points for Sunday if they really want, but why to make these kinds of confusions?
    Now I'm confused. Overall time still decides rally winner or I misunderstood it?

Quote Originally Posted by Managarium View Post
    OK
    The fastest driver on friday.
    Why does it matter here? Its always been like this. Championship leader still has saturday to improve his positioning for sunday.

10. Likes: becher (16th December 2023)
    Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Now I'm confused. Overall time still decides rally winner or I misunderstood it?
    The Rally winner is the one with the overall fastest time come Saturday evening, however he must finish the rally on Sunday to claim that win.
    Last edited by Eli; 16th December 2023 at 11:14.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    As far as I read, overall time is stopped on Saturday evening. Sunday starts from zero:
    For the World Rally Championships for Manufacturers, for
    Drivers and for Co-Drivers, points will be awarded for each
    rally taking into account the general classification after
    Saturday (with all time penalties accrued until and including
    the final time control on Saturday) according to the following
    scale....
    To score points, the crew must be classified in the Final Classification of the rally. If a crew is not classified in the Final
    Classification of the rally, the next Competitor(s) will be moved
    up to score points.

For the World Rally Championships for Manufacturers,
    for Drivers and for Co-Drivers, additional points as per the
    following scale will be awarded according to an accumulated
    general classification of Sunday only, comprising the part
    from the first time control after the overnight regroup up to
    and including the final time control of the competition element
    of the rally (with all time penalties accrued in this part of the
    competition).
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

13. Likes: becher (16th December 2023),seb_sh (16th December 2023)