Page 29 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Liked 430 Times in 227 Posts
    David Richards couldn't promote WRC efficiently when it was arguably at its highest point in terms of driver talent/fame and manufacturer interest. What can he do now? Questionable at best.

2. Likes: satnav (5th December 2023)
    Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    I heard Richards has this novel idea of making all rallies a homogenised cloverleaf format. I bet it will make rallying go from strength to strength

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HKSjbg View Post
    I heard Richards has this novel idea of making all rallies a homogenised cloverleaf format. I bet it will make rallying go from strength to strength
    yes, from memory so please correct me if i'm wrong but it went something like this: he bought the TV rights in the early 2000s from ISC and introduced the cloverleaf and increased the calendar 16 rallies for a bigger/better tv package. Teams said it's expensive to do 16 rounds so they reduced to 2 cars per team. Then a few years later he sold the TV rights to North One (I assume at a nice profit for himself). I doubt he cared or understood the medium to long term prospects for the sport at the time so my expectations are low. The things that could give hope are that maybe now he's not motivated by money and there's also Robert Reid there.

Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    Mikkelsen said goodbye on his sociale to Skoda Motorsport. So the deal with Hyundai seems official at last..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn 2201123G met Tapatalk

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

7. Likes: cali (6th December 2023)
    Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    So, the italian rumours were right once again, if I had to guess they’ll probably make it official tomorrow, as well as Toyota. Again, just guessing.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

9. Likes: wyler (6th December 2023)
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    It looks like they will make announcement tomorrow. But still that lineup for the third car doesn't make sense for me.

Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    yes, from memory so please correct me if i'm wrong but it went something like this: he bought the TV rights in the early 2000s from ISC and introduced the cloverleaf and increased the calendar 16 rallies for a bigger/better tv package. Teams said it's expensive to do 16 rounds so they reduced to 2 cars per team. Then a few years later he sold the TV rights to North One (I assume at a nice profit for himself). I doubt he cared or understood the medium to long term prospects for the sport at the time so my expectations are low. The things that could give hope are that maybe now he's not motivated by money and there's also Robert Reid there.
    Hopefully he has learned from his mistake the first time around and also, like you said, that he’s not motivated by a deal to struck this time

Liked 27 Times in 11 Posts
    What if Hyundai thinks they a backup in Suninen anyway, since he is so much younger than Mikkelsen? And this way they have removed a threat from WRC2? Other than the value of a relatively safe pair of hands, I mean.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Speaking of Hyundai. I think that Kalle dropped a bombshell with his part time season next year and I bet that if Tanak would have known that he would stayed at Msport one more year. It will be a very interesting dynamic in that team and Cyril will have hands full of work.