Quote Originally Posted by sinepikohv View Post
Excactly. I once talked to a Polish driver and a co-driver and they said that almost every round in the national championship is on tarmac. We have plenty of (fast) gravel events, in a 14 event calendar there should be at least four pure tarmac rallies.
Well, most of the asphalt events.. there is too little spectacle on tarmac. I have watch all the events, all the stages in live, since 2018 in service park and I have to agree.. yes, cars look nice, but often that is all. For me and for most of the people, regular asphalt rally is not the way to go, especially on TV. I like special asphalt events like Monte where you have mixture with snow, salt, dry asphalt, rain. I liked Spain when it was mixed event, starting on gravel, then moving to asphalt. Japan is also quite interesting with high variability of different asphalts, some small gravel sections, some very muddy sections, huge amounts of leaves. I like ERC Barum rally with its bumpy stages. Some Croatian stages are also nice. That is all. The amount of nice footages you can get on gravel and fast gravel is much higher compared to regular asphalt event. On-site experience is slightly different, but this is only for small amount of people... I think the balance this year has been quite good, I would just swap between Croatia and Argentina, haven't seen Central Europe yet.