Page 71 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Liked 101 Times in 43 Posts
    Serderidis is back in Puma in Safari rally.

Posted on his facebook
    MS-RT

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    Many people have agreed that points system is way too complicated. One fun fact was that if someone is ending on the same points after Monte, who is starting first in Sweden? Previously it was based on previous rally position/points.. but now there are no more position points in general, so what, just based on general standings, standings that will not give you points?

I would repeat one solution, maybe easiest way again (Pluto, I know that promoter does not care, but it makes things more fun).
    1. You give the points exactly the same like before. Same points on Sunday overall classification.
    2. Sunday first 1-3 stages (depends on how many stages are before) run as qualification for Powerstage. The one who is leader before powerstage will run as last on the road. The others behind may select their starting positions based on Sunday results (best time chooses first, worst time chooses last). This selection can be done during this very long regroup and can be presented as proper show
    Now everybody must push from morning till evening on Sunday

About tyre saving in Monte, most of the WRC crews started it in SS1, or even on SD :P
    On first read that would actually be clever without messing around too much with paralel standings and strange points. I'm not so sure about choosing the start position, also I'm not sure what would happen on tarmac rallies (maybe starting first is better if the road gets dirty) or if it rains.

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    On first read that would actually be clever without messing around too much with paralel standings and strange points. I'm not so sure about choosing the start position, also I'm not sure what would happen on tarmac rallies (maybe starting first is better if the road gets dirty) or if it rains.
    Yes, I was thinking about it. This adds additional unknown factor here is it going to rain? is it going to rain later, maybe too late? are we ready to gamble? And in most cases, last driver to drive will be also event winner, like Pluto wanted to have it on the podium
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    Yes, I was thinking about it. This adds additional unknown factor here is it going to rain? is it going to rain later, maybe too late? are we ready to gamble? And in most cases, last driver to drive will be also event winner, like Pluto wanted to have it on the podium
    Not me, this cames from promoter/FIA side. I never liked the scheme of powerstage, which destroyed whole Sunday on WRC races. I understand it is good for promotion, but that is all. When they brought it to ERC, I was really surprised they were not celebrating winner of powerstage on the events. On most of the ERC events, winner of power stage is almost not mentioned, he doesnt receive any cup or prize. Nothing, only points...

5. Likes: AndyRAC (2nd February 2024)
    Liked 53 Times in 24 Posts
    I was reading some Italian reports about a test rally to be held in Paraguay, which will be observed by FIA and WRC Promoter, in order to be added to the 2025 calendar. Any news about that?

Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts

8. Likes: typhoon (3rd February 2024)
    Liked 53 Times in 24 Posts
    It looks like something is going on over the pond, since selling early-morning TV coverage is not really breaking into the American market. Having more events at "their" timezones would drastically improve this aspect. But at the same time it would force some events in Europe to be dropped. I'm just thinking about one between Croatia-Poland-Latvia, which can be all of them in case Mexico will be able to get back to the WRC and US rally in Tennessee will go forward.

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    I think there will be a snow rally in Quebec before anything in the US no matter how much money Chattanooga is going to provide. There's no event to form a basis for a WRC event in Tennessee. The Canadian series doesn't have as much publicity but it's got more money and good organization. The CBC also produces and broadcasts events.

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Hopefully Ireland will pull it off, however, Saudi Arabia looks also to be in the cards for next year: https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/the-c...usion-in-2025/

Also Paraguay as some rumors have been floating around last week.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    Two South American rounds planned. Meanwhile they’re busy dropping North America off this year’s calendar for no good reason…

13. Likes: Eli (5th February 2024)