Page 52 of 84 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fiscorpun View Post
    I have been showing my young cousing (15yo) some WRC highlights and coverage and social media etc over the last month. He watches Motocross and V8SC basically, but hes aware of Motorsport in general. I asked him what they shoud do to "IMPROVE" rally in his opinion.... He answered: "Ah, 3 days is way too much for me, man. Even the three separated day highlights are too much. If they had one full weekend highlights in 15 or 20 minutes, that would be gold. Otherwise, those cars are super rad. They should run them in Gymkhana format, where people can see them and cheer for the battles. Or have them racing one or two close stages only, where all the fans can gather and watch in one place. I would not go out there to watch ONE CAR passing each 3 minutos to have to walk kilometers to the next stage. No way"

I mean.......... Its a "youngster opinion". Thats not RALLYING, but MAYBE some promoter could bat an eye on that simple idea haha
    Next to show him rallycross?
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 167 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Next to show him rallycross?
    But he wont like it, despite the fact that it's exactly what he described rally should be.
    This is why you never ask people feedback on things they have no clue about. They can't tell you what they want when they don't know it themeselves.

3. Likes: AndyRAC (19th December 2023)
    Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kras View Post
    But he wont like it, despite the fact that it's exactly what he described rally should be.
    This is why you never ask people feedback on things they have no clue about. They can't tell you what they want when they don't know it themeselves.
    It sounds harsh, but there is actually some truth to this. Just look on what basis people judge if a consumer product is good.

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    If you read what the cousin said carefully, he didn't complain about the format of the rally itself. He complained about the long review on tv. He would like a 15-20 minute review/highlights of the whole rally. At least that's what I understood, he wouldn't care if the cars did 2 stages or 20 as long as it would be a 15 minute video.

As for Gymkhana part, there are already super specials, there used to be more side by side type super specials. Also semi artificial sections with viewing spots exist on some rallies, maybe there could be more?

People love to come up with theories to make rallying popular to the younger generations. Maybe a big part of the problem and the solution is more in the TV studio. Also nowadays people are bombarded with information, perhaps a 15-20 minute review for a casual fan is a good idea.
    Last edited by seb_sh; 19th December 2023 at 10:38.

Liked 103 Times in 33 Posts
    It would help if they would focus more on social media and free content.

The shakedown live on Youtube is a good example. The paywall does not have to go entirely, but free content should me more available in widely used channels.

Also the previously mentioned shorter overviews would help to gain more viewers.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

7. Likes: AndyRAC (20th December 2023),cali (20th December 2023),Corcaíoch (19th December 2023),Rally Hokkaido (24th December 2023),the sniper (19th December 2023)
    Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    There is no "the one and only" truth. Some like 100m sprints, others ultra marathons. Both are right.

Some like camping in the forest for a few days and watching passing rally cars, some like to watch donuts on a "miki mouse" city stage. Both are right.

It is not possible to be liked by everyone.
    Last edited by meh; 20th December 2023 at 06:37.

9. Likes: cali (20th December 2023),Corcaíoch (19th December 2023)
    Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    According to DH Moteurs, Munster will do a full season with the Puma Rally1..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn 2201123G met Tapatalk

11. Likes: EstWRC (19th December 2023)
    Liked 407 Times in 272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mousti View Post
    According to DH Moteurs, Munster will do a full season with the Puma Rally1..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn 2201123G met Tapatalk
    If that is indeed the case, this is really a very nice Christmas gift from Santa Claus Serderidis

13. Likes: cali (20th December 2023),TWRC (20th December 2023)
    Liked 140 Times in 83 Posts
    Just heard Fourmaux and Munster all rounds with third car possible to rent

Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kras View Post
    This reminded me when you see people complaining that F1 should be "more like Indycar and F2" cuz "they have way better racing, 70% of the drivers get a podium, half of the grid wins at least one race"... Then, like... Mate why dont u watch Indycar and F2 instead of F1 then? hahah Jeeezz
    "MotoGP is getting lame, British Super Bikes are the best" - Good, go watch BSB, not MotoGP then.
    I mean, I probably said something like that too somewhere, but heeeyyyy Im watching the Australian Basketball League since 2021, not the NBA so... Good for me. No need to complain anymore about egos e boring games, Im just enjoying the games! BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO S... ah whatever, man