Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal yet again View Post
    Remember the first round of the BRC the North West stages is on ITV 4 at 17.45pm today. Pity the snooker is on as they could have B2B'd it with the Safari which is on at 22.10pm!
    Just watched the NW Stages highlights and I am quite impressed with the overall package. The presentation was pretty slick and modern looking, but it still had a quite familiar traditional feel. The comms with David Addison helped with that too.

The rally conditions and issues didnt make it easy to cover but the action shown wasnt bad. Maybe the future events will be done better with more benign weather.

The showing of cars & drivers from the difference Classes was a bit confusing for the non-rally fans. More stage end interviews wouldve been good too and showing each stage times.

A good effort all in all.

Liked 27 Times in 10 Posts
    Thought the coverage was ok, but kept jumping from car to car too quickly and all in different classes rather than grouped together in there respective classes.
    Think the rally nuts will be easier to cover and longer shots of the cars.

OK start but room for improvement.

3. Likes: AndyRAC (3rd April 2024)
    Liked 27 Times in 10 Posts
    I am going to be spectating on the rally nuts severn valley stages and am looking for the sportity password or just the stage maps if anyone has them?
    Thanks

BRM didnt hold back with their verdict on the BRC coverage...

https://x.com/BritRallyMedia/status/...591346609?s=20

6. Likes: AndyRAC (3rd April 2024)
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    No, and I applaud his/ their honesty. The 'better than nothing' has been the usual comment for rally coverage from British rally fans for too long......

I thought it was okay; but a little disjointed, and the camera positions could have been far better. I don't know how much communication there is between the event organisers, and TV crew regarding camera positions - but in most sports it's done to showcase the sport in its best light. In an ideal world, camera positions would be decided when the route is being planned........

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

I think my positivity possibly came from comparing it to the abysmal YT-only efforts in previous years. Plus as an Ingram fan he got a lot of coverage which I enjoyed.

I dont know how the camera positions were chosen but the live streams were also pretty poor. Maybe the weather made a difference and they needed to get some shelter. I guess we'll see on the next shows.

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Absolutely pathetic coverage. Ridiculously bad quality, out of focus shots of car approaching stop line only for Matt to walk in front of the camera so cameraman had to walk around the car door. That would be terrible on live coverage, never mind the production studios they have. Interviewer must have forgotten to switch on the mic so couldn’t hear what was being said - that should be picked up straight away when it’s happening so they can redo it properly.

With the budget they had, there is no excuse for not coping with stage cancellations or weather - it’s rallying!!

They had a recce of the route beforehand and had a lot of help, there’s absolutely no excuse for it.

And put it this way, for what they’re being paid for the year it would be a nicely sized pension pot for me.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cmac View Post
    I am going to be spectating on the rally nuts severn valley stages and am looking for the sportity password or just the stage maps if anyone has them?
    Thanks
    Spectator information is available at https://rallynutsrally.co.uk/wp-cont...n-Download.pdf
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    I’ve been watching it just now and I must say I think a lot of the criticisms seem a bit harsh. I thought it wasn’t too bad, but then maybe my expectations were lowered considerably reading these comments!

I’ll concede cinematically I don’t know what I’m talking about at all but it didn’t seem too bad for the most part. There were some glaring exceptions though!

The pre-amble was good; informative without being patronising. The mix of classes wasn’t confusing to me but kept me interested - I tended to skip forward through the lower classes until the main field appeared again on the old youtube footage. And as for the ‘fancam’ footage, ‘t’was ever thus; who else remembers Steve Rider’s commentary over the the fan submitted footage of Mark Lovell’s crash on the Twiglees stage of the ‘86 Scottish?

Hollie McRae was surprisingly good as a service park reporter, I think I assumed there would be an overuse of sporting TV buzzwords and cliches, but there was none of that - I don’t think I even heard the word ‘iconic’ once. And service park interviews are to me what classic rally roundup shows are supposed to have, none of this ram a microphone in every driver’s face at he end of every single stage and force them to come up with something interesting and original each time…

Better stage-side shots for the Severn Valley Rally will hopefully make this properly polished and miles better than it was last time the BRC was on TV - was it back in ‘18 on Channel 4 at 7:30am on a Saturday with some berk who didn’t have the first clue about rallying?

12. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (4th April 2024)
    Liked 217 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HKSjbg View Post
    Does anyone know the sportity password for the Rallynuts Stages? Hoping to spend the full day in Hafren, starting with Sweet Lamb then into the forest itself for the second pass
    No Sportity password as yet however the route will be on the Sporttraxx app when it goes live usually a few days before the event as they are doing the tracking.

14. Likes: the sniper (5th April 2024)