Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Used to be Starter View Post
    So did Hamilton and Schumacher. In F1 the car is king and only if you have an equal car do you really compete head to head.
    And , only if you have two guys with similar driving styles do you get a real head to head battle .
    Max likes a car on it's nose , and Checo can't make it work .

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Walk in the park defo no question... but how are they cheating and it being ignored?
    Helmut Marko is in charge or their driver line up but is not employed by the team. He is not listed among the top 4 managers whose salary is exempt feom budget cap.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Helmut Marko is in charge or their driver line up but is not employed by the team. He is not listed among the top 4 managers whose salary is exempt feom budget cap.

I believe he is a 'senior advisor' rather than a manager? Whatever his role and the setup is I'm sure Red Bull will have made sure that they are within the rules.

I thought you were going to tell us about a technical infringement with the car that I hadn't heard about.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

I believe he is a 'senior advisor' rather than a manager? Whatever his role and the setup is I'm sure Red Bull will have made sure that they are within the rules.

I thought you were going to tell us about a technical infringement with the car that I hadn't heard about.
    He is working with RBR every weekend directly with the team so he should be on their books as part of the budget cap. Anything else is cheating.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    He is working with RBR every weekend directly with the team so he should be on their books as part of the budget cap. Anything else is cheating.
    Do you think the FIA are stupid, incompetent, biased or on Red Bulls payroll?
    If there is a loophole there, everyone else will likely be using it too.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

6. Likes: airshifter (26th October 2023),Mia 01 (24th October 2023)
    Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Used to be Starter View Post
    So did Hamilton and Schumacher. In F1 the car is king and only if you have an equal car do you really compete head to head.
    Yes, it is about the car but it is not just about the car. Checo is driving a Red Bull too but he has only managed to win 2 races this season so far.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Yes, it is about the car but it is not just about the car. Checo is driving a Red Bull too but he has only managed to win 2 races this season so far.
    Sorry, not a fair comment. The 2023 Redbull was built to Verstappen's specifications. After the first quarter of the season, the design of the car became unfavorable for Perez. By mid-season, he simply could not drive the car with the sort of confidence he had at the beginning of the season.

It appears Redbull sacrificed Perez's season to give Verstapenn the ideal car for him to win the championship. Perez got the Webber treatment. He was never going to be allowed to challenge Verstappen for the championship. If he was given half a chance, the scoreboard would be much different. The so-called Verstappen dominance would not be anything like we have seen.

I can say for certain that he may not have won 15 races in the season. The 2023 season is a very ugly season and l think Redbull should be ashamed. They cheated us out of a championship battle between Verstappen and Perez. It is disgusting to watch them smiling. It is equally disgusting to watch the media enthuse over what clearly appears to be a fixed championship.

There is no way for us to know if Verstappen would have won the championship or not if he had to battle Perez in a fair fight for the championship. Could Perez have found a way to tame Verstappen and win the championship without team interference? That we also do not know. What we do know is Redbull did not give Perez an equal chance to win the championship. What we watched was painfully ugly as we watched a driver struggle to find any possibility of attaining his best capability in a car that no longer suited his driving style. Perez is better than what we saw this season. He certainly is better than 250 points in a dominant Redbull.

I really hope 2024 brings about a change. Another year of this ugly Redbull approach to racing would be excruciating to watch.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 24th October 2023 at 21:27.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Sorry, not a fair comment. The 2023 Redbull was built to Verstappen's specifications. After the first quarter of the season, the design of the car became unfavorable for Perez. By mid-season, he simply could not drive the car with the sort of confidence he had at the beginning of the season.

It appears Redbull sacrificed Perez's season to give Verstapenn the ideal car for him to win the championship. Perez got the Webber treatment. He was never going to be allowed to challenge Verstappen for the championship. If he was given half a chance, the scoreboard would be much different. The so-called Verstappen dominance would not be anything like we have seen.

I can say for certain that he may not have won 15 races in the season. The 2023 season is a very ugly season and l think Redbull should be ashamed. They cheated us out of a championship battle between Verstappen and Perez. It is disgusting to watch them smiling. It is equally disgusting to watch the media enthuse over what clearly appears to be a fixed championship.

There is no way for us to know if Verstappen would have won the championship or not if he had to battle Perez in a fair fight for the championship. Could Perez have found a way to tame Verstappen and win the championship without team interference? That we also do not know. What we do know is Redbull did not give Perez an equal chance to win the championship. What we watched was painfully ugly as we watched a driver struggle to find any possibility of attaining his best capability in a car that no longer suited his driving style. Perez is better than what we saw this season. He certainly is better than 250 points in a dominant Redbull.

I really hope 2024 brings about a change. Another year of this ugly Redbull approach to racing would be excruciating to watch.
    It looks like they chose the guy they thought could win it and went with the design that made it faster .
    That's one way to do it , and , although it might look bad for the guy in the other car , if he can't manage the changes as well and quickly adapt , it can work to win you a championship .
    To win is the first job .

To have two drivers who can run the car equally well is dangerous for any team if they are right at the front . It's a little easier if both guys can see the advantage of the other in making the machine faster whilst pushing it up the order , but get close to the front end and egos will get in the way .

Ferrari , in the days where Michael was king is an example of the first , and I remember a lot of whining about it but they won and did it convincingly .

And Merc , with Nico and Lewis , is an example of the second where it worked , but caused a whole lot of agro for all concerned .

The thing you need to remember is that they aren't doing these changes to the car to spite Checo .
    They would be happy to see him a lot closer to Max and I'm sure they are working hard to get him able to drive the thing .

10. Likes: airshifter (26th October 2023)
    Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Checo is a good driver, but obviously not on the level of Max. We rarely get to see the very top level drivers in the same car, and I think most teams try to keep it that way really.

At this point Sergio is tied for his most career wins in a season and is 2nd in the WDC, so overall his year isn't that bad compared to the other couple years in the RB.

12. Likes: Bagwan (27th October 2023),gm99 (27th October 2023)
    Do you think the FIA are stupid, incompetent, biased or on Red Bulls payroll?
    If there is a loophole there, everyone else will likely be using it too.
    We haven't been provided an explanation so given the radio silence and how easy it would be for them to close such a loophole, one must assume they are biased and/or on their payroll. It's cheating either way.