Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    This silly exF1Renault goon annoys me.
    Plant the seed that the expectations are win or nothing before the event, then act shocked when the only driver in your team capable of winning, bins it while fighting for the lead in the most difficult conditions imaginable. How is Thierry's mistake here anything like the Greece retirement anyway? Totally different. We know Thierry can crack under pressure granted, but there was none here and dont blame a driver for mechanical failures like in Greece. Common knowledge the Hyundai is flimsy.

Abitebouls views change daily whatever side of bed he wakes up on. One day the drivers will get it, next it'll be the mechanics, then engineers or meteo crew. He is an erratic man, who's personality causes instability throughout a team. Its common knowledge he managed Renault shockingly in F1, its public. But i know 3 folk who worked under him in various roles during that time, so have more info than most on how he manages people/emotions when things aren't perfect. And I can tell you it isnt good, to say the least. All 3 friends of mine can't be wrong, and two of them still work for alpine so clearly have a bit about them and found working conditions better since....

Will be a laugh next season when the pressure is on bigtime to win both titles, while Cyril manages two tier1 drivers while fighting Toyota in a sport he doesn't really know. With one arrogant driver (Neuville) who thinks the team is his but cracks under championship pressure..., and the other a sulky Estonian who wasn't even happy in his championship winning year driving the best car he will ever have..., nevermind when swallowing his pride and returning to a team/car that didnt suit his picky needs just over a year ago........
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/abite...shed-approach/

Liked 244 Times in 100 Posts
    what a farce of an event....we have new zealand and argentinia ...classic events and what we get...Japan

they should organise a show event with 24 Stadium stages each day but not real stages
    Juha Kankkunen: "The speed was o.K., but the corner was to tight"
    Marcus Grönholm: "... tell corrado .... three gears are enough..! "

3. Likes: TWRC (18th November 2023)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    What the hell has Katsuta being eating during this rally. Where this speed suddenly comes
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Neuville, Katsuta and Tanak got thru basically dry, Lappi and all others got rain and snow

Must be nice surprise with slick tyres

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Plant the seed that the expectations are win or nothing before the event, then act shocked when the only driver in your team capable of winning, bins it while fighting for the lead in the most difficult conditions imaginable. How is Thierry's mistake here anything like the Greece retirement anyway? Totally different. We know Thierry can crack under pressure granted, but there was none here and dont blame a driver for mechanical failures like in Greece. Common knowledge the Hyundai is flimsy.

Abitebouls views change daily whatever side of bed he wakes up on. One day the drivers will get it, next it'll be the mechanics, then engineers or meteo crew. He is an erratic man, who's personality causes instability throughout a team. Its common knowledge he managed Renault shockingly in F1, its public. But i know 3 folk who worked under him in various roles during that time, so have more info than most on how he manages people/emotions when things aren't perfect. And I can tell you it isnt good, to say the least. All 3 friends of mine can't be wrong, and two of them still work for alpine so clearly have a bit about them and found working conditions better since....

Will be a laugh next season when the pressure is on bigtime to win both titles, while Cyril manages two tier1 drivers while fighting Toyota in a sport he doesn't really know. With one arrogant driver (Neuville) who thinks the team is his but cracks under championship pressure..., and the other a sulky Estonian who wasn't even happy in his championship winning year driving the best car he will ever have..., nevermind when swallowing his pride and returning to a team/car that didnt suit his picky needs just over a year ago........
    Wow. Someone having a bad mood it seems
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 810 Times in 426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    Neuville, Katsuta and Tanak got thru basically dry, Lappi and all others got rain and snow

Must be nice surprise with slick tyres
    Its weird that they were surprised of snow, it was on the forecast.

Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    What the hell has Katsuta being eating during this rally. Where this speed suddenly comes
    Fujiwara's special tofu

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

9. Likes: EstWRC (18th November 2023)
    Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts

https://businessf1magazine.com/march...digital-issue/

11. Likes: EstWRC (18th November 2023),satnav (18th November 2023),Sulland (18th November 2023)
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    So what was your point in advocating it?
    One of the arguments against Rally2 cars was just that local heroes would be start winning against factory drivers. Which I just pointed never will happen if so.
    I´m still not happy with Rally1 hybrid cars. Too fast, too expensive.
    Rule number one: keep things simple.
    Let the competition be exciting.
    Enjoy.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

13. Likes: COD (19th November 2023),WRCStan (18th November 2023)
    Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRC1 View Post
    what a farce of an event....we have new zealand and argentinia ...classic events and what we get...Japan

they should organise a show event with 24 Stadium stages each day but not real stages
    The main problem in Japan is the extreme fear to do something wrong, they end up doing nothing if a boss hasen't told them what to do.
    Noone do anything, even if its obvious that a parked car in the road will hinder the rally, they will just go around the car and be stressed untill a boss shows up and tell them to move it.

A friend of mine mounting toilets on boats and was in Japan to do so, when the premade mountingholes didn't fit. He started to made new ones, as any sane person just do, was denied of the japanese people there, he had to wait a half day before a CEO come by and said ok.

A country run like this will never be able to host anything that needs local decitions as its 1000's of in a rally.

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

15. Likes: "Username" (18th November 2023),WRC1 (18th November 2023)