Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD View Post
    I fail to see why it would not be? All current teams have a car + more manufacturers, privateer teams with a reasonalble chance to impress and so many more positives. What is so good about these hybrid creations that would prevent rally2 becoming top class?
    There are several points.

The first thing is that Rally2 simply don't make sense as a marketing tool for the manufacturers. Simply said they are an advert for times that passed. The marketing departments of the manufacturers won't ever permit massive investment into promoting petrol cars.

Second thing is that the true manufacturers don't want that. Why? Because the last thing their public image needs is some privateers beating them.

Third thing is that now the Rally2 cars are quite equal and affordable cars. Once the works teams start to use them as the top class the equality is gone. In one or two years maximum the cars won't be equal anymore. And not only one type to another but also cars from works teams compared to the cars from private ones. The real running cost of a competitive car will rise immediately as well no matter how strict the rules are.

The first point is the most important. WRC must decide whether it will stay as a top tier championship where massive money of the global enterprises are being spent or a sport of hobby drivers. In first case WRC absolutely needs to find a story to promote in the future. That is missing now. Everyone and his dog can see that WRC fails to find a viable concept for its future. Today the WRC only lives from its past and making Rally2 the top class would just underline that.

The other option is to fuck the enterprises and make WRC a sport of private hobby drivers. In that case you have to prepare for money leaving the sport. It means that in a few years live coverage will disappear. Some iconic events will start to disappear because the government support will disappear. The TV coverage will start to disappear etc.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

2. Likes: cali (18th November 2023),Corcaíoch (17th November 2023),drive (17th November 2023),EstWRC (17th November 2023),Merten (17th November 2023),PLuto (17th November 2023),seb_sh (17th November 2023),Walach (17th November 2023),WRC1 (17th November 2023)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Amen Mirek!
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

4. Likes: cali (18th November 2023)
    Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by linni View Post
    Grönholm was the one and only driver who refused to drive in hot conditions without AC, so they got fitted one in his Peugeot.

But simple electrically heated windscreen would be enough.

Or this one, if they could afford it:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-Wi.../dp/B0BJW5328K
    Cool fact about Gronholm and actually makes sense. Normal temp keeps you more focused, sharper and less tired at the end of the days..

And yes, even such portable device could have helped. They know the conditions and what could happen.. but yet again foggy windscreens.

Liked 93 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becher View Post
    Didn't Solberg mention on SS3 that they have heated windscreens or did I mishear that?
    Was sleeping at this time, but for some reason WRC2 cars did not have major problems with windscreen misting.

I thought all Rally1 and Rally2 cars had heated windscreens.

Liked 93 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    I thought all Rally1 and Rally2 cars had heated windscreens.
    AFAIK no one has, at least in WRC1. It`s just not a windscreen, it has to contain some relays in a chain which is extra weight. Still stupid decision not to have one. It`s not the first case during the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by linni View Post
    AFAIK no one has, at least in WRC1. It`s just not a windscreen, it has to contain some relays in a chain which is extra weight. Still stupid decision not to have one. It`s not the first case during the last couple of years.
    That surprises me. I know for sure that Fabia R5/Evo has it (it's manufactured in ACG Teplice factory). Not sure about the new RS ones but I guess they have it too considering they had no issue on the stages.
    Last edited by Mirek; 17th November 2023 at 11:30.

Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    Hmm the weight penalty mjght be small, but from what I've heard the Rally1 cars are very difficult to get towards the minimum weight, so they might start to compromise in silly areas.

Liked 98 Times in 52 Posts
    i know that rally 1 cars have more temp in duo to hybrid system that rally 2 do not have and in case that outside has low temp then we have this situation.
    R.I.P.Colin Mcrae

Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    About Ogier's car and penalty:
    “During the full inspection of the car back in the technical zone here in service, it was deemed with the FIA that we needed to make a repair to the chassis,” he said.

“There was some damage to the space frame where the FIA required us to exchange a tube – which is a really big job.”