Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    The whining about the calendar is absolutely ridiculous on Twitter in various comments sections.

Especially from UK people who seem to be pissed that GB isn’t in the calendar but that isn’t only promoters fault.
    I'm also bored of fellow Brits moaning about no RallyGB; are they all naive or not capable of understanding how the sport works? It costs money to hold these events - and has to come from somewhere. No businesses in the UK think it's worth the money needed. We also don't have a round of the WEC, but you don't see the same level of moaning.
    F1 & MotoGP have UK rounds, but they don't receive any government funding, and neither should any RallyGB. If the sport can't stand on its own two feet, then tough.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

2. Likes: EstWRC (11th October 2023),HKSjbg (11th October 2023)
    Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HKSjbg View Post
    And also at a ‘dusty’ time of year. There’s very little autumnal or damp gravel in the championship these days, especially with Chile moving from May to September. The whole run from Portugal in May to Chile in September would potentially be the same
    Are you joking? 2023, Estonia, massive rain, Finland - massive rain during recce and first days, Greece - flooding and mud, Sardegna - massive rain, Kenya - massive rain before and during some stages, Chile - massive rain before the event, access roads nearly impossible to drive, luckily some drying by rally, still many puddles. I am fed up of this bad weather during rallies in 2023 already :P
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

4. Likes: cali (12th October 2023),EstWRC (12th October 2023),Jewy46 (12th October 2023)
    Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    Are you joking? 2023, Estonia, massive rain, Finland - massive rain during recce and first days, Greece - flooding and mud, Sardegna - massive rain, Kenya - massive rain before and during some stages, Chile - massive rain before the event, access roads nearly impossible to drive, luckily some drying by rally, still many puddles. I am fed up of this bad weather during rallies in 2023 already :P
    What I meant was that the potential for those rallies being dusty was there. Chile did end up being very dry and dusty during the event, while in 2019 it most definitely had a very autumnal/wintery feel to it. This year Monte, Sweden, CER and Japan will only offer that and it’s the lack of seasonal variety I lament

Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    I'm also bored of fellow Brits moaning about no RallyGB; are they all naive or not capable of understanding how the sport works? It costs money to hold these events - and has to come from somewhere. No businesses in the UK think it's worth the money needed. We also don't have a round of the WEC, but you don't see the same level of moaning.
    F1 & MotoGP have UK rounds, but they don't receive any government funding, and neither should any RallyGB. If the sport can't stand on its own two feet, then tough.
    Fair point on moaners, and I don't want to get political for obvious reasons but where do you draw the line on your other point? Half the calendar or more is state supported, some states supporting entries too - the French even supporting an M-Sport Rally1 entry. This series could look very different without any "public" funds. That could be better, or could be worse.

Liked 101 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Fair point on moaners, and I don't want to get political for obvious reasons but where do you draw the line on your other point? Half the calendar or more is state supported, some states supporting entries too - the French even supporting an M-Sport Rally1 entry. This series could look very different without any "public" funds. That could be better, or could be worse.
    Are there any facts that FFSA is still supporting Loubet? AFAIK his patron is Alexandre Leroy.

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Interesting quote from Latvala on Tanak (after he moved back to Hyundai)...

"I appreciate Tänak as a driver, but he would not be the best choice for this team of ours. He is an individual driver who will do everything to win his own championship. We have to think about the brand championship, and the drivers have to get along well with each other," says Latvala.

Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinepikohv View Post
    Are there any facts that FFSA is still supporting Loubet? AFAIK his patron is Alexandre Leroy.
    https://www.ffsa.org/univers/ffsa/ha...C3%A9sentation
    https://www.ffsa.org/univers/ffsa/ha...ce/les-pilotes

10. Likes: sinepikohv (17th October 2023)
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post

"I appreciate Tänak as a driver, but he would not be the best choice for this team of ours. He is an individual driver who will do everything to win his own championship. We have to think about the brand championship, and the drivers have to get along well with each other," says Latvala.
    not a real news...

12. Likes: cali (17th October 2023)
    Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post

Which driver is not there for winning the title? If to use term from Porter, then I'm talking about "A-listers" here.

Can he point out some situations from the past, when Tänak did something against the team scoring points?

Is Ogier there to help the team or just collecting own wins?

I smell some BS from Latvala to just "make their choices to sound smart".

14. Likes: cali (17th October 2023),EstWRC (17th October 2023)
    Liked 103 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    Which driver is not there for winning the title? If to use term from Porter, then I'm talking about "A-listers" here.

Can he point out some situations from the past, when Tänak did something against the team scoring points?

Is Ogier there to help the team or just collecting own wins?

I smell some BS from Latvala to just "make their choices to sound smart".
    We need to remember season 2019, where Latvala and Meeke lost the manufacturers title, when they couldn't play the teams game

16. Likes: cali (17th October 2023),EstWRC (17th October 2023),flat_right (17th October 2023)