Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 810 Times in 426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    I would put my bet on Cyril. It seems like he is determined to get someone toptop driver in his line-up as they are not able to win the manu title at the moment.
    This. Hyundai needs to improve their lineup. Lappi works best as a 3rd driver

1 Neuville
    2 ?
    3 Lappi
    4 Suninen/?

2. Likes: flat_right (5th August 2023)
    Liked 846 Times in 407 Posts
    Lappi is doing the job he's been asked to do and in the conditions he's been allowed (remember Cyril said he was proud of EP for pushing in... Mexico? After he crashed but had good pace). He's a good second driver but now maybe that he's proved his pace he should relax a bit — and anyway anyone can make a pacenote error

4. Likes: cali (4th August 2023),Eli (4th August 2023),TWRC (5th August 2023)
    Liked 810 Times in 426 Posts
    Noone is saying he isnt doing a good job. I'm saying theres no chance for Hyundai to win manu championship with Lappi as second option.

6. Likes: flat_right (5th August 2023)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    What is actually Lappi being asked for? Kinda hard to read. As mentioned in Mexico CA was (seemingly?) happy that he pushed and crashed. But then Sordo was considered a safe scorer. Now Sordo seems to be slipping. Is it still Lappis job to push?

Sure it can work for one of the drivers of the team to have that job, but then you need to pair them with "safe" points scorer. When Sordo isn't that, who can be? Hard to tell if Suninen can, likely not for all rounds. Also difficult to have part time drives as safe scorers, those are more likely to charge and risk.

Lappi can also work as safe point score if ordered to, like it seemed he was last year after Finland.

Liked 66 Times in 47 Posts
    Are the Stellantis people Neuville is talking to here at 5.50 old buddies from the Citroen Junior WRT days?

https://youtu.be/Vk6_7HDU3e0?t=328

Liked 846 Times in 407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    What is actually Lappi being asked for? Kinda hard to read. As mentioned in Mexico CA was (seemingly?) happy that he pushed and crashed. But then Sordo was considered a safe scorer. Now Sordo seems to be slipping. Is it still Lappis job to push?

Sure it can work for one of the drivers of the team to have that job, but then you need to pair them with "safe" points scorer. When Sordo isn't that, who can be? Hard to tell if Suninen can, likely not for all rounds. Also difficult to have part time drives as safe scorers, those are more likely to charge and risk.

Lappi can also work as safe point score if ordered to, like it seemed he was last year after Finland.
    Lappi is there to fight the top guys to take points away for Neuville, and when he's not crashed he's done that (or even collected the points after Neuville's own accidents). Worst case Lappi and Neuville are equally inconsistent and the third driver is always there to collect the points.

Liked 107 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauri_J View Post
    Noone is saying he isnt doing a good job. I'm saying theres no chance for Hyundai to win manu championship with Lappi as second option.
    I would disagree slightly, Hyundai's biggest probelm with regards winning a manu tutle is Ogier being at Toyota with Rovanpera, over the course of a season I think Lappi could beat Evans with regards 2nd drivers but Ogier is an almost guaranteed few wins which is something no 3rd driver at Hyundai is offering. Admittedly Lappi also certainly needs to improve his consistency, in my opinion he has largely shown better pace than Evans this year but not the results.

Liked 82 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Humber View Post
    Are the Stellantis people Neuville is talking to here at 5.50 old buddies from the Citroen Junior WRT days?

https://youtu.be/Vk6_7HDU3e0?t=328
    Rossell wrote on Instagram few days ago that 2 stellantis are following him this w-end

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Corcaíoch View Post
    I would disagree slightly, Hyundai's biggest probelm with regards winning a manu tutle is Ogier being at Toyota with Rovanpera, over the course of a season I think Lappi could beat Evans with regards 2nd drivers but Ogier is an almost guaranteed few wins which is something no 3rd driver at Hyundai is offering. Admittedly Lappi also certainly needs to improve his consistency, in my opinion he has largely shown better pace than Evans this year but not the results.
    I agree. Hence best Hyundai could make to secure manu chances is getting Ogier for part season.

The extra points from first are much more important. Lappi could theoretically do that...but he is not getting wins.
    Last edited by mknight; 5th August 2023 at 14:28.

Liked 101 Times in 43 Posts
    My 2024 reading of the palm:

Toyota
    Evans
    Tanak
    Katsuta
    Ogier

Hyundai
    Neuville
    Rovanpera
    Lappi
    Suninen / Lindholm