Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
That's something i miss from the old Eurosport/IRC Monte days.. instead of 'here is car 1-2-3 going through the same section of the stage' they used to jump around a lot more so one would see more of the stage and it was better for the drama too as they would focus on the tighest battles. At least that's how i remember it.

The current setup has it's advantages too of course; equal coverage for all competitors and you can directely compare cars/drivers over the same stretch of road.
The current live coverage is good, and they have listened to complaints a little. Post stage interviews now in a small screen at the corner, so we can still watch the action. Becs sometimes shuts up and says "lets listen to Scott Martin or whatever co driver" for 30secs etc.
But my biggest gripe is maybe following Fourmaux today, while Neuville and Ogier are absolutely on it in an intense battle.

Presume their must be an agreement all P1 drivers or teams get equal-ish coverage? Suppose that would be an attraction for sponsors when you can guarantee screen time no matter what position you are