Page 79 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    It would be interesting to know not only what tyre type each driver selected but also what is the state of them. At this moment everyone is using somewhat used tyres and what may look like someone's resignation on fight can also be his worn tyres. I have noticed only Lopéz commenting on his tyres being pretty worn and likely worse than those of Rossel but it may be similar for some of the big boys (and the statement can be also a psychological play from him of course).
    I know this is a bit unrelated but do the WRC2 crews also move to Hankook next year? Is it for all 4 wheel drive classes or only Rally1 has to use them?
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

3. Likes: Eli (28th January 2024)
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I know this is a bit unrelated but do the WRC2 crews also move to Hankook next year? Is it for all 4 wheel drive classes or only Rally1 has to use them?
    I guess both switch to Hankook but I don't know that for certain.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

5. Likes: Eli (28th January 2024)
    Liked 713 Times in 337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CeskyOndra View Post
    Maybe he will do some rough gravel If Sordo retires in Portugal
    Maybe, but even if they do he will still be short of seat time and under pressure to be fast on day 1 when he has road position advantage. If he can’t go quick enough he will be early on the road on Saturday and event over.

Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Hankook
    The renowned global company will be responsible for providing tyres to the premier Rally1 vehicles as well as those in the WRC2, WRC3 and FIA Junior WRC support championships.

8. Likes: Eli (28th January 2024),Mirek (28th January 2024)
    Liked 810 Times in 426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    It would be interesting to know not only what tyre type each driver selected but also what is the state of them. At this moment everyone is using somewhat used tyres and what may look like someone's resignation on fight can also be his worn tyres.
    You are asking way too much from RallyTV. They cant even figure out basic things.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    But my biggest gripe is maybe following Fourmaux today, while Neuville and Ogier are absolutely on it in an intense battle.

Presume their must be an agreement all P1 drivers or teams get equal-ish coverage? Suppose that would be an attraction for sponsors when you can guarantee screen time no matter what position you are
    You’re probably right, and it’s also easier than having to make tv direction decisions but I can’t think of any other motorsport broadcasting that works like that.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauri_J View Post
    You are asking way too much from RallyTV. They cant even figure out basic things.
    I don't think that the teams (their customers) would be happy if they spied on such details. It was more of a rhetorical question from my side.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

12. Likes: meh (28th January 2024)
    Liked 167 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    A bit childish response, but ok, I answer for that.

Our style and view of the valuable content is different for sure. I get more and more, why guys like AnttiL left the forum and we lose valuable content when this happens.

Sometimes it feels like there is some blame competition - like who can say the more interesting way that all-live is a group of amateurs, or whatever. This is usually a symptom for a group of teenagers.

Yes, there is room for improvements, they don't cover the new points system in an understandable way, etc, but as you can see from different forum posts, it is possible to say it out in a different way.
    I get what you're saying, but we're just having a laugh. Also i don't believe we're too being to harsh to the promoter, as we are paying decent money for a service that is really subpar. I get that providing an continous live video feed from a rally event is a a technical feat, but the post production side of the broadcast is tragic to say the least. Most of the community ran gaming tournaments on twitch have better production value. Not showing the relevant standings, not talking about close fights for sunday points. What is that if not being an amatuer at your job. If it was a free broadcast, most people wouldnt complain.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    About Mikkelsen. He isn't fighting for the drivers championship. Two best Hyundais are in front of him for the matter of manufacturer championship. And I think that he is only one with almost no seat time at all. Munster did it before and Adrien too. All other have few years already. We saw Evans yesterday without hybrid. He was slow as f***. He just needs to adapt to aero & hybrid.
    It would be a good idea if FIA allowed a handful of extra test days per year for drivers with zero Rally1 starts so drivers like Mikkelsen can get up to speed or to develop/assess young drivers.